Chapter 15.5

Chapter 15.5

Traitor of the heart

And she wasn’t the only one. Taylor’s eyes where now flaring with rage as he aimed his pistol threateningly at Rick.

‘You bloody bastard! How dare you say that! I should shoot you right now for dare bad mouthing Maria’, He screams in rage as his finger began to gently pull on the trigger, the muzzle aimed directly at Rick’s head.

Rick smirked slightly as he spread his arms put, almost looking like he was tempting Taylor to shoot him.

‘C’mon Taylor. You and me both know you ain’t gonna do it. Too many things riding on it for you. So why don’t you be a good little student council president and put that gun down’, Rick said in a low teasing voice, his smirk growing into a wide grin.

The taunting speech from Rick made Taylor’s already flaring temper shoot up even more as the pressure he applied on the trigger increased, now barely a hair strands away from activating the fire pin which would send a bullet straight through the head of Rick.

Just as he was about to give in to temptation and pull the trigger, Maria suddenly stood up. She stood in the exact same stance as before, holding her arms out and acting as a shield to protect Rick. All eyes were on her, most of them showing surprise.

‘How could this girl still get up and protect this jerk?’, Was the question that was running through the minds of the majority of the group.

‘I…I…lied. Rick-kun isn’t a spy…’, Maria stuttered out as she looked up at Taylor with tears running down her cheeks.

‘Maria-chan…’, Helena mumbled out, a clear tone of disappointment and pity in her voice as she watched her friend’s near pathetic efforts to save her brother.

Taylor’s gaze moved over to Maria before falling back on Rick, who had a slightly confused look on his face as he looked at his blonde haired cousin. He growls slightly as he loosens his grip of the trigger.

‘Damn you Maria! You can’t save him forever!’, Taylor yells at Maria in frustration, griping his hair lightly as he paces around.

Rick watched the bizarre and unexpected scene in front of him, his eye brow raising slightly as he took a few steps forward.

‘Oi! What are you doing Maria?’, He questions as he nears her, his gaze still running across the other four council members who still had their weapons pointed at him.

Maria hiccupped slightly as she tried to stop her crying, rubbing her eyes and smiling slightly as she glanced back at Rick.

‘I’m admitting the truth Rick-kun. You were right…I was lying’, Maria replied, her voice shaking slightly as she tried her best not to break down in front of her crush again.

Rick narrows his eyes slightly as he focus on her face, moving closer as he does.

‘No you didn’t’, He suddenly says, causing all heads to turn to him immediately.

Maria’s jaw dropped as she looked at Rick, wondering why he was now contradicting what he had said.

‘What do you mean Takeshi?’, Taylor asked in a low tone, irritation clear in his voice.

A soft chuckle can be heard from the man being questioned as he stands behind Maria.

‘What I mean is….’, Rick pause as he wraps his right arm around Maria’s waist from behind, causing her to gasp softly as a blush formed on her face.

Maria slowly turns her head to the side so she can glance back at Rick.

‘R-Rick-Kun….’, she says out his name, so soft that it was just barely heard by Rick, who looked at her.

‘You aren’t a liar…’, Rick finishes his sentence as he smiles softly at Maria, pulling her slightly closer so her back presses against his chest.

 The blonde girl’s blush deepened even more, a satisfied grin spreading on her face as she leaned against the man she longed for.

‘Right! I’m not a….’

Maria suddenly cut her speech, her brain reprocessing what Rick had said. And it was clear she wasn’t the only one. Taylor had on a clear look of confusion while the rest just stared at Rick, who was now smirking slightly as his left hand creeped down Maria’s side towards her holstered Revolver.

‘Rick-kun….what do you mean…that I’m not a liar?’, Maria asked the dark haired man, fear and anxiety rising in her chest.

Rick tilts his head to look into Maria’s eyes, a evil smirk on his face.

‘Well it means….’, He pauses as he unfastens her revolver from her holster and aims it at the side on her head.

‘You were right….I am a spy!’, He screams into her ear before laughing manically as he looks back and the stunned faces of the rest of the group.