Chapter 9.4

Chapter 9.4

King's intervention 

*CLANG*

Maria heard the sound of metal clashing. She slowly opened her eyes and looked to her right to see the King. He was standing next to her. And he had the blade of his sword stuck between 23’s teeth, stopping him from biting Maria’s head off.

‘Didn’t you hear her lizard face……the lady asked you to fuck off’, King said before he kicked at 23’s head, sending the beast man flailing backwards, falling to the ground with a loud thud.

‘Ay red head….go help your sisters. I got this guy’, King orderd Rose who had just recovered from her shock.

Rose nodded before running in the direction of Helena and Elisa, who were fighting a beast man who looked similar to a rhinoceros.

‘You going to be alright Tits?’, King asked Maria, his eyes still focused on 23.

Even though he wasn’t looking at her, King had a pretty good feeling Maria wasn’t in good shape. After all, this was the first time that she had been so close to death. King knew that she would be in a very pitiful state, both physically and mentally. So it was a big surprise to him when he heard her getting up and say…..

‘Yes….i want to fight beside you’

‘….Excuse me!?’, King was dumbfounded. Maria had been, only a minute ago, crying and screaming like a little girl. And now she wanted to fight again? This girl was either very resilient or very stupid.

‘I want to fight with you….i know I freaked out…..but I need to do this now….. I need to show that creep that I’m not a push over…..i just…..i just have to…..’, Maria stammered, tears filled with anger and shame falling from her eyes.

King could tell that she was angry with herself for showing fear in front of the enemy. But he couldn’t blame her. After all she had been an in very frightening situation, where even hardened veterans would have pissed their pants in. In fact he felt his respect for her grow as he watched her get up.

‘At least she has the guts to get back up again….. She’ll turn out fine with that type of attitude’, King thought as he turned back to face 23, who was beginning to rise to his feet as well.

‘Oi Tits…..if you’re going to fight, you better wipe those tears away, they’ll blur your vision…..’, King smiled as he glanced back at her.

‘Yes!’, Maria replied as she wiped her tears, getting back into a fighting stance.

‘Right! Let’s do this’, King said as he charged at 23, twirling Dentanas in his right hand, gripping Excalibur tightly in the left.

King charged at 23, his usual sadistic smile on his face as he prepared to strike. Maria followed closely behind King, slightly cautious of her movements, trying her best not get in his way.

‘Tits! You aim for the bottom, I’ll take the top…..wait for an opening!’, King yelled the order, motioning for Maria to temporarily retreat.

King jumped forward, instinctively aiming Excalibur for a fly-by slash at 23’s chest. He could feel the steel of his sword hitting its mark. King kept moving forward even after making contact, landing behind 23. He immediately turned around once his feet touched the ground, eager to inspect his work.

‘Is that all you’ve got King?’, 23 asked as he turned to face King, a mocking smile on his face.

King was disappointed when he saw that his attack was unable to wound 23 heavily, only leaving a red line across 23’s chest instead of cutting in deep. He cocked his head to the left, sighing disappointedly.

‘Che…guess you’re a bit tougher then the bitches I usually fight. Not bad’, King complimented, straightening his posture, eager to land another strike.

‘Hahaha…..i have high hopes for our fight King….Don’t disappoint me,’ 23 laughed, putting up his hands, beckoning The King to attack me.

‘That’s my line’, King replied before charging in once again.