Chapter 16.9

Chapter 16.9

Final call

The thundering and rough voice shook Sevan out of his search. He slowly opened his eyes and looked in the direction of the voice, seeing Rick smiling at him cockily as he threw a small bottle up and down on his open palm. He was now standing near the schools main entrance with his school top unbuttoned, showing the black undershirt with the Taskforce 666 logo on it clearly.

‘You know what these are?’, he asks as he catches the bottle in his hand, showing it to Sting and the Troopers.

‘G80x suppressor pills. Used to store or negate excessive power bursts of spirit users, elementalists and type users. One pill should be enough to keep a high class vampire like me powerless for at least 3 day’, Sting replied with whatever she remembered about the red and white pills in the bottle.

‘Smart vamp. Yes that’s absolutely correct’, King replies as he places the pills into his pocket.

‘Just to let you know, I take more than one every day to keep my powers in check’, He informs everyone there as he pulls out another bottle with blue pills in it.

‘Are those the cancellers?’, Arisa asked Sevan as she looked at the bottle.

‘Yes my dear…they are indeed’, he replies, feeling a slight amount of worry rise from him as he watched the boy take two pills out and pop them into his mouth.

Rick chews on the pills for a few seconds, before swallowing them as he was watched by all who were there. At first nothing seemed to be happening. But after a minute Rick suddenly fell to his knees, clutching his stomach as his face contorted in pain.

‘Damn...forgot about...the side effects’, Rick mumbled, mostly to himself, as he felt the changes in his body begin to happen.

Everyone watched the young male’s suffering, some with looks of worry others with looks of satisfaction.

‘Sting my dear, I believe now is the best time to put the young Takeshi out of his misery. Don’t you agree?’, Sevan asked in a taunting voice.

‘Yes my master’, Sting replied, walking towards Rick with a vicious smile forming underneath her mask.

Just as she had taken her third step towards her target, a sudden smokescreen covered the area where Rick was crouching at, making it impossible to see him or get any closer due to the smoke.

‘Not so fast Sting. Let my friend have some privacy will ya?

Sting growled angrily as she turned to look at Crown, who seemed to be the cause of the smokescreen, judging by the white mist around his right arm.

‘Damn you!’, Sting hissed, before going silent when she saw Sevan glaring at the young commander.

Crown raised his brow slightly, before sighing as he stuffs his hands into his pockets.

‘No point in glaring old man. He wanted it like this’

Sevan was slightly taken aback by the boy’s ability to get a got grasp of the situation based only on the reactions of people around him. This made the old warrior smile slightly.

‘Very well then. Since it’s the boy’s last wish before he dies at the hands of my elites, so be it then. All troops are to stand down till Rick Takeshi is fully visible through the smoke’, Sevan ordered his men, before smirking softly as he watches the smoke filled courtyard in front of him.

A soft smirk broke on the face of Crown as well, knowing very well when that smoke dispersed, Sevan’s attitude as well as those of all those gathered there would change instantaneously. As he lets his gaze run across the courtyard, it falls onto one Maria Haganei. Crown smiles slightly as he watches her keep her eyes glued to the spot where Rick was intently and hopefully.

‘Well…this will probably make her a bit more relived…or not’