Mermaid Intervention

Start bij het begin

Emma looks at her with her eyebrows raised and shakes her head

" Oh gosh, I hope not, I won't be able to live with myself if that happened to him, however much of an idiot he is " Cleo says looking at Rikki in utter horror with tears in her eyes.

It was obvious she legit felt guilty about what she had done.

" Don't worry Cleo, Zain will be just fine. It's going to take more than a hydrant malfunction to crack that thick skull of his. Plus you did say, that he was wearing a helmet right? " Emma asks with a reassuring hand on Cleo's shoulder.

Cleo nods affirmative, her head still buried in her palm.

" Then there's nothing to be worked up about. What we should concern ourselves with is what you did with the water and how you did it, do you know Cleo? " Emma asks prying Cleo's hands from her face.

Cleo looks at her, then at Rikki, then looks down again.

" I can't explain it..."  She trails off

" Just try Cleo, what exactly did you feel when this happened? " Emma asks looking intently at Cleo.

Rikki keeps quiet as they wait for Cleo to start talking.

" I... I was scared, that's for sure, and then I started to feel... Something like warm liquid.. flow through my body... Kind of like... Like vines wrapping around me... I felt this power... And then I noticed the hydrant... And well... You know the rest " she finishes with a sigh.

Emma and Rikki remain quiet for a while, until Rikki speaks up

" You know when you guys asked me about what happened this morning with the bitch, I wasn't completely honest with my answer " she says gaining the attention of the others.

" Really " Emma says with an eyebrow raised condescendingly.

" Yes. Really. " Rikki says sternly not in the mood for Emma right now.

" I don't understand. " Cleo says confused.

" Well, when the bitch was talking to me... I felt very angry... And then I felt this heat wrap around my body... I can't quite explain it... But just like Cleo, I felt very powerful like nothing could hurt me, which was why I continued to role her up even though I knew I should've just walked away... But in my defense, she started it... " She begins to defend herself

" Rikki focus! " Emma interrupts bringing Rikki back.

" Right the same thing happened to me this morning at your house too, I guess that's why the snow didn't affect me when I walked in, and this morning, when I woke up, my entire body was covered in sweat, and I had somehow burnt my bed spread almost through to my mattress and maybe that's why the bitch's hand also got burnt... "

" And mine " Emma adds

" And yours " Rikki finishes.

" What about you Em, what exactly happened in your room this morning? " Cleo asks looking at Emma

Emma sighs and begins rubbing her temples a little " I honestly don't know what happened. I just woke up, and my room was like that... But when Rikki and I started arguing, I felt... Angry also, and this chill appeared, and wrapped around my body, like I was wearing an armour made of solid ice... But I didn't feel cold, if anything I felt at ease and... Powerful. It was the same that happened today at school when we were arguing... Again.. "

" Which is why you nearly froze my arm off " Rikki adds quietly

" Yeah, and that " Emma says

They all stay quiet for a moment, lost in their thoughts. They all sigh almost simultaneously