03

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

*chapter two*

Every morning when I went down to angel school, I'd pass through the rest of the town up in heaven. The town was huge since it did contain every human that died and came up here from the beginning of time.

Someone would usually just get a house nearest to where they would be working or attending school, so that they could easily commute there.

One of common misconceptions of heaven, was that because it was eternal rest there were no jobs or school anymore.

But that wasn't true. It was eternal rest in the matter that you never got tired.

I still had to sleep, like everyone else up here, but I could go to school and come back without being exhausted, while still putting in my full effort. Yet another mystery of heaven.

I reached my school and threw the core of the apple I had been eating in a garbage can nearby.

My school was a big white building that looked like your average school in the mortal world, except for the fact that like everything else in heaven, it was sparkling and extremely extra.

I pushed open the doors and made my way down the hallways and then out the backdoors to the courtyard where our graduation would take place.

I stood by myself in the corner, as all my previous friends had already graduated. At least I knew how the process worked since I'd been to theirs before.

Basically, first there were a bunch of speeches. Heads of different organizations within the schools would go first, then the principle and a couple teachers, and finally a guest speaker to tell us how to spend the rest of our time in heaven. Or let us go with the right mindset.

Since everyone who went to school in heaven had died young, the whole school process was to give kids what they missed out on. Honestly, it was stupid, because I didn't exactly want to go through school.

Anyway, after the speeches, someone would call students up one by one and take them behind a curtain into a concealed area. This was where a new angel would receive their wings.

Then the student would walk out, back in front of everyone, receive their diploma, or something like that, and then retreat back into the crowd, now a full fledged angel.

My school didn't have that many students, since only young people that died for a good cause could become angels.

Usually, angels were heavenly beings that were born here, but eventually God needed more. There were just more people in the world that needed guidance these days. Which meant God needed more guardian angels, more information angels, and just more angels.