15

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

*chapter fourteen*

It was the next day, and I woke up and headed over to flower shop for work, like any other Sunday.

Sunday's were always interesting because their grandmother would be there. I still didn't know where she went during every other day, but I enjoyed seeing her every Sunday. I don't know why, but I loved that woman.

Anyways, I was hoping it wouldn't be different now that I knew about the twin's past.

I sat up in my bed and threw the covers off of myself.

"About time," Jeongin's voice said, and I shrieked and toppled off my bed.

He was sitting in a chair across from my bed and he looked like he had been waiting for a while.

"Why are you here so early?" I asked, standing up.

"I was here at the same time as always," he said, "You're late."

I looked at my clock and realized he was right.

"Wait there," I said, running into my bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and splashed my face with water. I quickly put on some lazy clothes, not having time to find the usual black pants and white shirt. I tied my hair up and didn't bother with makeup.

I stepped out of my bathroom and ran down the stairs, Jeongin walking after me. He was in his mortal form, and was wearing the glasses that made his eyes their usual color again.

"You look cute," I said, without thinking.

"What?" he said, looking up at me with his cheeks bright red.

"I mean cool," I said, way too fast, "I meant cool."

"Oh," Jeongin said, looking somewhat disappointed.

"I mean," I said, awkwardly, "You don't look bad. Cool is good."

"Okay," he said, smiling.

Strange kid.

We headed out the door, Jeongin stuffing his hands in his pockets and whistling.

"Will you stop?" I asked eventually, getting annoyed by his whistling.

"No," he said, crossing his arms, "Believe it or not, this is angel magic. Usually I wouldn't be able to use it in my mortal form, but Jisung taught me how to hack the pixie dust. I just have to act like a mortal while I'm doing it."