49

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

✵ ✵ ✵

*chapter forty seven*

Hyunjin remembered watching the shadow move over the sun from heaven. He remembered feeling utter hopelessness as he began to see a green light spread below the clouds.

It was so bright, that even if you shut your eyes, it seemed to cut deep into you. There was no way to ignore it, you could only face it head on.

He had been sitting in the infirmary most of the day, watching over Uriel. After everyone left, the whole place became silent. Hope filled him up so much, he was actually scared it would spill out and decorate the tiling on the floor.

It did spill out. When he saw the green light. Then it soaked through the floor and found its way to the clouds, leaving forever.

He'd rushed out of the infirmary, finding Chan and Seungmin staring down with empty eyes as well. Uriel had hobbled out and joined them, then they'd got all the people together, protecting them.

But, miraculously, the green light had ceased. Chan's sigh of relief was so long, it probably shortened his life span somehow. Everyone was the same though.

The happiness and relief was short lived though, because when the heroes returned, they were a slightly less number.

Hyunjin sighed as he looked at Minsun's still unconscious face lying on the bed next to him. He had sort of temporarily taken over as the official doctor of heaven, since Raphael was so exhausted. He even had to treat the archangels and God, which had definitely freaked him out, but he'd pulled it off.

Most people had recovered rather quickly. The only person still asleep was Minsun.

Hyunjin started as she stirred next to him. He debated the idea of hiding under the bed as her eyes slowly blinked open.

Too late, she was staring at him now, a little confused.

"You're...Hyungwon, right?" she asked, "Jeongin's friend?"

He winced and scratched the back of his head.

"It's Hyunjin actually," he said, "But yeah, I'm part of Jeongin's angel faction."

"Sorry," Minsun said, slapping her forehead, "Long day."

"It's actually been three days."

"What?!"

Minsun seemed a little panicked for a second, but Hyunjin managed to calm her down. In a few minutes, she was sitting up in bed, propped up by a legion of pillows against the wall.