43

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

*chapter forty one*

Mark walked through the streets of hell, ignoring the looks he attracted from regular demons.

The original fallen angels, the only real devils in hell were Satan, himself, Lilith, Azazel, Leviathan, and Rahab.

There was some talk in the mortal world about Leviathan being some sort of sea monster, but it was really just a nasty trick that he used to scare humans. Him and Rahab weren't known as the twin devils of chaos for nothing.

Regardless, all of their reputations proceeded them, and stares were something they just became used to.

Sure, they could disguise themselves as a regular demon, but it took magic, which took energy, which exhausted you. It just doesn't make sense to use magic for petty reasons like that.

Mark thought about the meeting as he made his way back to his house.

Hades had called all the devils in, something he rarely ever did. Ever since Satan had left, Mark,
Leviathan, and Rahab kind of played things by their own book. They did what they wanted.

For Mark it was keeping an eye on Zanique and Zerzo, and for Leviathan and Rahab...well, Mark didn't really want to know.

But it had been a couple centuries since he last saw Lilith or Azazel, who had needed something to do. That something just happened to be serving Hades.

Needless to say, it was a surprise to find out that the purpose of the meeting was to provide aid to heaven. It made a bit more sense when Hades explained that hell might be affected too, but it still was unprecedented.

Mark didn't really care. He'd do anything to protect Zanique and Zerzo, even if it meant helping some angels. No one else objected either, and Mark just guessed they had their own reasons.

Plus, it'd be nice to say that devils get to be the good guys for once.

He sighed, thinking of his nephews. Sometimes he forgot that he wasn't their actual father.

Hades had also said that God mentioned for Mark to bring the twins with him. That was the only thing he had put up a little bit of a fight to. Zanique and Zerzo had just read about magic, but using it was a different story.

He didn't know if they could actually defend themselves, much less save the worlds.

It couldn't be helped if God asked for it though. Mark would just have to tell them some things before they all left.