12

✵ ✵ ✵

✵ ✵ ✵

*chapter eleven*

I saw the bright flash of light and soon enough my surroundings became that of my room at the dorm.

I was exhausted and I knew I needed to sleep soon, because morning would come quick in the mortal world. But there were just a few things I had to do first.

I walked out of my room and was immediately engulfed in a huge hug by Hyunjin. I fell over and landed on the ground, his body still attached to mine.

"JEONGIN," he screeched, "YOU WERE GONE SO LONG!"

"I know, I know," I said, trying to push him off me.

I gulped as a shadow moved over me. I looked up and Chan was flying above me and Hyunjin, his eyes glowing and sending shivers through my spine.

"What took you so long?" he asked, pulling Hyunjin off easily.

"Uhm Minsun was up later than usual," I said, nervously, "So I had to stay later than usual?"

"Oh, well why didn't you just say so?" Chan said, floating back to the ground and becoming normal again.

"I did," I mumbled.

Chan turned back to me, full threatening angel mode again, "What did you just say?"

"Nothing!" I yelped, pressing my back against the wall.

"Good," he said, smiling again.

Everyone went back to doing their normal business, and the dorm felt like how it is usually did during this time.

Everybody in our faction was home at this time, and it always felt nice to be here. Like one big family.

Eek cheesy.

"Hey Chan?" I said, "Can I ask you a couple questions?"

He was at the dining table, filling out some papers, and I plopped down in the chair across from him.

"Sure," he said, not looking up from the papers.

Another thing about Chan. He was definitely the best multitasker I'd ever seen.

"Uhm so hypothetically," I said, "What happens if your mortal knows you exist?"

"You get the hell out of that situation before God finds out," Chan said, simply.