Sandwich Demon

Pete had never liked being a demon. Most days he resented the making of deals, a simple task of making someone happy for a moment only to be sentenced to eternal damnation? Not his cup of tea. He was in the same boat as the lost souls he "helps" he was lost too once and needed a boost, but he wishes he could tell them it's not worth it. Alas that's prohibited in his contract. If someone ever asked Pete if he ever had a day where he was happy he could tell you it like a story. He hates his job almost everyday except July 15th 2009 at 3:47 pm. It was sunny and warm but not too hot. Hell was of course always hot, but this time it felt nice for some reason. Then it happened, he was summoned.

Patrick was having a nice day, he had just woken up a few hours ago and was starting to get hungry. It was almost 4pm and Patrick assumed he needed to eat sooner than later. He got to work making a sandwich as the window was cracked open and a soft breeze passed through the room. Patrick hummed to himself as he gathered utensils and ingredients. As he was putting mustard onto his sandwich he looked down and the outline of mustard looked....familiar.
Patrick just summoned a demon with mustard.
He tried to calm himself down and decided to just make another sandwich all the same ingredients but with out a pentagram this time. He set the two meals down and grabbed glasses with water too. He sat and waited for the dreaded woosh of a demon entering his home.
Woosh
Patrick looked up from his plate and smiled at the demon. If I'm going to get killed I'm at least going to get a sympathy kill. Patrick pointed to the meal he made and spoke. "I didn't mean to summon you with mustard, uh, but if you'd like to join me for lunch I'd love some company?" Patrick squeaked out.
The demon stared at him, then at the food and smiled. He held out his hand just a bit too close to Patrick.
"I'm Pete, nice to meet you Patrick!" At this Pete sat down and started eating the sandwich. Patrick was confused but Pete had explained that he looked at Patrick's almost non existent file, he killed a spider once but he still mourns it so it's only a half point in the sin book.
The demon and human chatted while they are, talking about their favorite snacks and utensils. At one point Patrick asked if Pete can still listen to music which launched them both into a heated chat about which bands are best.
As the meal cam to an end and the dishes were cleaned Pete have Patrick an acceptable but jarring hug. Then he was gone as if Patrick had imagined it.
Pete returns every month or so for a snack and some company, but ever since that lunch Patrick's luck has become seemingly endless. He's gotten a raise, a dog that's well behaved, new companies keep trying to work with him, and every once in awhile a new instrument will be left in his living room. No evidence of who left it besides a sticky note signed,
-p