Take Your Tears, Put 'Em On Ice

TigerCat321 I came up with this awhile ago and you wouldn't write it, so I am now. This is going to be utter trash.
***
Pete and Patrick had been dating for a long time. They were a fun couple, they always went on cute and fun dates together. Patrick wasn't much for adventure, but Pete was always up to try something new.

"Pete please tell me where we're going? I really don't like surprises. You know this!" Patrick whined at Pete who ignored Patrick completely. The drive to Pete's surprise date location was short, only about 20 minutes.

"Alrighty Trick, I'm going to help you out of the car because you have to close your eyes. It's a secret and you can't spoil it love!" Pete excitedly jumped out of the car, and ran to Patrick's side of the car. He quickly opened the car door, unfastened Patrick's seatbelt, and pulled him out of the car unceremoniously.

They entered the arena, Patrick noticed that the air was colder in the building than it was outside. It was fall, so having the air conditioning on so high was extremely weird to Patrick. Though he kept his word to Pete by keeping his eyes closed, he desperately wanted to know what his crazy boyfriend was doing to him.

"Okay Patty, you can open your eyes now!" The amount of excitement in Pete's voice made Patrick even more nervous, but in a good way, than he already was. Patrick opened his eyes slowly, attempt to adjust his eyes to the harsh fluorescent lights.

An ice rink.

That's where Pete had taken them. An arena chilled down to below freezing, with a few layers of ice laying comfortably atop a 10 foot thick slab of concrete. Joyous.

"Pete are we, um skating? Cause you know I'm horrid at the whole balance thing, and adding ice, and shoes with knives attached seems like a terrible idea." Patrick clutched Pete's arm like a staircase railing, and tried to reason with the crazed man.

"Patrick. It's just for fun, don't worry. I'll help you up if you fall, and I'll save you before you get hurt. Don't worry love, it'll be fun!" Pete gently kissed Patrick's cheek and ran off to sign them in.

Pete walked up to the reception area and signed what he assumed was the log in. Unfortunately for him, he miss read the sheet and signed Patrick and himself up for something completely wrong.

***

After a few hours Pete and Patrick had jokingly came up with figure skating routines as a couple. Patrick as it turned out was a natural, a bit shaky at times but not enough to worry.

"Pete this was so fun! Could we come back next weekend? Please!" Patrick begged the other man, because in all honesty Patrick was having the time of his life. He didn't want to leave yet, but he had no reason for them to stay any longer.

"Of course love!" Pete smiled and pulled Patrick closer, they were about to kiss when a older man ripped open the large metal doors of the arena and yelled,

"Are you two Pete and Patrick Wentz?" Patrick smacked Pete's chest as the other nodded. The two were not married, but Patrick knew for sure that Pete had told everyone they were married. The man is crazy, but Patrick likes that about him.

"The contest is starting in half an hour, it's suggested that you start getting ready to preform now so you aren't late. I know it's your first time so I thought I'd let you nice boys know!" The old man smiled, as the two looked at him with confused faces.

"Thank you sir, but what performance?" Patrick asked because he knew for a face Pete didn't know either.

"The couples skating contest! You know! The one Pete signed you up for!" This was when Patrick turned on his heel to face an nervous looking Pete.

"A couples skating contest? Really Pete!?" Patrick whispered with venom on his lips. This was going to end poorly for Pete and everyone knew it, except for the nice man because he skipped off to tell the other couples.

"Patrick I swear I didn't know! Honestly why would I put myself into this too!" Pete did have a point. He hates contests, and he only likes preforming when he's playing his bass with the other members of Fall Out Boy. This truly was an accident.

"Call Hurley and tell him and Joe to meet us in our change room immediately." With that Patrick skated off to figure out what room they had to get dress.

***

Andy and Joe showed up with the most ridiculous clothes ever. They came bursting in, arms full of spandex leggings and tops, glitter galore, and a flower crown for Patrick.

"Why do you just have this stuff? You were here five minutes after we called?" Patrick questioned the two new comers as Pete did Patrick's makeup, and Joe laced up his skates. Andy answered in a serious tone,

"You don't know what joe and I do for fun. Don't judge our lifestyles." With that Andy folded his arms and turned to sharpen Pete's skates.

They had about five minutes until the contest was two start. Someone *cough* Pete *cough* tweeted about the situation and hundreds of people were seated for the contest, while hundreds more waited outside. This was definitely more than Patrick bargained for.

The contest started and the first group was amazing. The guys clapped for them because even though they were competing, being nice was more important. The second to go team was good as well. There were a few bumps and goof ups, but it was still lovely to watch.

It was finally time for Pete and Patrick to go up. They went to the centre of the rink and faced opposite to each other. Impossible Year by Panic! At The Disco slowly dripped from the speakers. The routine was slow and sad, but laced with love that radiated off of the two lovebirds. The movements were slow and slightly shaky but all in all it looked beautiful. Pete held Patrick in his arms as the glided across the rink, Patrick leaned back so his back was parallel to the ice. Pete lifted Patrick up to a standing position, and the two slowly turned into each other doing a tight spin. Once they slowed and the song ended, Patrick leaned up and gave Pete a slow deep kiss, then whispered,

"We better fucking win this!" The two came off the ice with roars of cheers. The overhead announcer rang through the PA system.

"In third place, group number two, Lainey and Margot (Lainey if you read this. I needed names and it's past my bedtime 😂) in second, group number three, Pete and Patrick,"
The announcer wasn't heard from that point on. Patrick screamed and leaped into Pete's arms. Joe and Andy hugged each other, then the two who actually competed. Cheers from the fans rattled the stands as many jumped, screamed, and danced all in excitement. People were in tears, others were kissing, some had even started to link arms and sing. Patrick and Pete were extremely confused at the sight of so many people excited for second place, out of three groups. As all the contestants were rewarded with their medals, Patrick and Pete congratulated the others. The boys then proceeded to take photos with them, and all the people that came to watch.

Once all the pandemonium ended Pete turned to a sleepy Patrick finally seated in the car and asked,

"Wanna go next week?"

***
Okay so this is really long. Shout out to Lainey for dealing with me flip flop between singing Disney songs and the entire Take This To Your Grave album. You're a real trooper for suffering 2 hours of that.
~Morgan