Anotha one, spookyyyy

Pete worked at a haunted house and this year he was a scare-er meaning he dressed up and scared people coming through. The section he was in was for youth so it wasn't as scary but still creepy.
Tonight was like many at the haunted house he gently spooked kids and annoyed their parents in a joking manner...sometimes. Pete was looking around in his hiding spot for his next target when he spotted a cute little kid, maybe 4, gripping his assumed fathers had. Pete couldn't lie, the dad was hot. As the two came closer Pete popped out of his spot with a quick "boo!" Nothing to scary, except the kid burst into tears.
"Oh shoot I'm so sorry are you okay buddy?" Pete pulled his mask off as the child was being picked up by his dad and getting comforted. Pete turned to the man and apologized more for his mistake saying he didn't realize he'd looked so scary.
"Dude it's okay. Honestly. We came here to get spooked and Dec just got nervous. Don't worry about it." The man chuckled at Pete's nervousness, quick to forgive the very handsome man who felt bad for doing his job. "I'm Patrick by the way, and you are?" Patrick questioned, as he readjusted how he was holding Declan so he too could see the man in the costume.
"Pete, sorry my name's Pete. I still feel awful scaring such a cutie and his even more cute dad...?" Pete trailer off still not knowing if this Patrick fellow was in fact Declan's dad. Patrick smiles sweetly as he nodded his head while saying Dec was his and asked Pete when his shift was off. At that Pete realized he had infant been done for about 10 minutes and just simply didn't notice.
"May I escort you two lovely boys through the rest of the spooky walk? I don't want this little guy getting scared again" Pete spoke in a fancy voice and bopped Declan's nose at his mentioning. Declan let out a screech if giggles as Patrick blushed and allowed Pete to link their arms. "This man is a keeper" Patrick thought to himself, and apparently out loud judging by Pete responding,
"Why thank you" as he kissed Patrick's hand. Once the three had made it out, Pete stripped out of his costume and into a sweater and jeans. Pete walked the other two to the coffee shop next door, he got himself and Patrick teas while Declan got a small hot chocolate and a cookie. Pete still felt bad for the whole ordeal.
"Pete you seriously need to stop apologizing! You were doing your job!" Patrick claims as he breaks up the cookie for Declan. "You really shouldn't beat yourself up about it. He cried for point two seconds and now you've bought us drinks and cookies. You're absolutely too sweet!" At this it was Pete's turn to blush simply smiling down at his feet and leaning into Patrick. The other wrapped his arm around Pete while smiling at his son. I could get used to this...