Church

"Hello everyone I'm here with the guys from Fall Out Boy; Pete, Patrick,  Andy, and Joe. Now guys were here to talk about the album Mania. You put it out a little over a year ago, it's reached number one on the billboard 100, and it's Grammy nominated. You guys are killing it this album cycle. Now I was wondering if we could go down the line here and say our favourite song. Joe will you start?"
Joe turned his attention back to the woman talking.
"Oh um I'd have to say my favourite right now is Church" at this the rest of the band agreed all seeming to enjoy that song the most at that moment.
"Mine changes all the time, but ya church. It's really fun live and has a lot of meaning." Patrick agreed as he picked at his sweater.
"Patrick would you like to explain the lyrics and meaning a bit? For the fans watching?" The interviewer smiled gently as she attempted to get the shy singer to open up a bit about the writing process (yes I know Pete mostly does the lyrics but Patrick puts the songs together and this is my story).
"Well basically church is about all the things you would do for someone you love. It's about viewing your lover as something so much more than what they actually are. The person you love is almost a holy figure when you're in a manic state, the sense of mania is the album in a whole obviously. But church it's self is about finding hope in a person, finding sanctuary. People become so devoted to a person that they would do anything for them, much like people with their religious beliefs. It's a song filed by undying love and passion." Everyone sat with their jaws on the floor because Patrick never has gone into such detail about the song. Pete leaned forward and pat Patrick on the knee,
"Actually I wrote the lyrics and church is about sucking dick. Patrick just didn't want people to know because he's 'too pure' for that"
And that was the day Patrick finally snapped.