Chapter 36

"Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop."

Once back in Forks, things changed again for Emilia and Embry both

Alice and Jasper had left the Cullen home, leaving nothing behind but a note that Sam had delivered. The note was from a book of Emilia's where another clue was hidden for her. She was to tell Bella and that was it. They had until the snow stuck to prepare and get the things Alice had left for them.

With Alice and Jasper's absence came a house full of new vampires, a house full of witnesses. Many came with gifts of their own, gifts that matched Emilia's. For example, Benjamin from the Egyptian coven could also control the elements and taught Emilia how to properly use her powers.

As there were so many new vampires in town, many Quileutes began to shift. Sam and Jacob had their hands full with many new wolves, many younger than Brady and Collin. Sam and Jacob had decided that they would train the new additions but after the battle, they would have to stop shifting. There was no need for that many young wolves, especially ones that had just started high school.

As a result of this, Embry and Emilia spent less time together. All the wolves had to help train the new additions and help look out for any possible shifters. Embry came home late at night and left early in the morning, Emilia barely seeing her fiancé.

Emilia was also quite busy. She had to make sure no vampires fed in Forks or crossed onto Quileute land. She also had Asteria do ultrasounds as she trudged Asteria with the secret most. She had to take care of herself for her child's sake.

Emma spent a lot of time with Renesmee, training the girl and telling her stories of the Mikaelson family, the Volturi, and the witches she met in New Orleans. Ness had to be ready to face Aro, ready to show him only what he had to know.

Also, Bella had discovered that she was a shield. Since Emilia was also a shield, she had to show Bella how to use her shield and how to expand it. Kate had been more than happy to help, shocking Edward as motivation for Bella. Poor Edward suffered but it had worked, Bella finally gaining control over her shield.

The vampires in the house all feared and respected Marcel, Marcel loving the attention. He was, without a doubt, the most powerful vampire even without a gift. Just the fact that he could not be killed was enough.

Emilia walked into her home, setting down the keys as she leaned onto the counter. She and Bella had just met with J. Jenks, the man who Alice and Jasper had placed an order for. The order was for false documents, passports and birth certificates for Jacob, Renesmee, and Emilia. Alice knew she was pregnant and wanted her to have an escape option as well, just in case.

The document order had worried Emilia. What could Alice have seen that made her order them? Would they all die? Is that why she and Jasper left?

Emilia felt a spell of nausea overtake her, running to the bathroom before she emptied the contents of her stomach. She felt her hair being held back as she threw up, leaning against the cold tiles of the wall when she finished. She flushed the toilet, glancing at a concerned Embry.

He helped her to stand, Emilia brushing her teeth before speaking. "Em. You're home early?"

"All the new recruits have been trained. Most of them have control over their temper and no one new has phased so Sam and Jake let us go. Are you okay? You've been sick for a while."

Emilia nodded, walking out of the bathroom with Embry hot on her heels. She sat on their bed.

"It's probably just a stomach bug."

Embry frowned. "We should go to the hospital or Carlisle, at least. It's been too long."

"Embry, I'll be fine. Asteria has been making me tea and it's helped a lot."

"Emilia, this isn't normal."

Emilia sighed, standing. "Stay here, I'll be back in a minute."

Emilia walked to the closet, going straight to her side. There, she brought out a box from behind her shoes. She pulled out a small bag, handing it to Embry.

Embry furrowed his eyebrows, looking between the bag and Emilia. "What is it?"

"Open it, dumbass."

Embry rolled his eyes but complied, opening the bag. His eyes widened at the test inside, it falling from his hands and onto his lap.

"Emma.."

"I'm a little over a month into my first trimester."

Embry's eyes looked back to the pregnancy test, focusing on the word pregnant, his eyes then looking to Emilia's stomach. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"You won't let me fight."

"Damn right, I won't. I can't let you get hurt."

Emilia sat next to Embry, grabbing his hand. "Em, listen to me. I have to witness, I have to fight. I'll be worried out of my mind if I'm not there and they'll come after me regardless."

"But our baby.."

"Will be fine. Alice set up something for us, an escape plan."

"For us?"

"Me, Jacob, and Renesmee. She got us fake identifications."

"I'm not going with you?"

Emilia frowned, shaking her head. It hadn't hit her until that moment that if they had to leave, she would have to live without Embry.

"No."

Embry felt the wave of sadness overcome him, pulling his imprint close and kissing her head. "Baby, whatever happens, I will always be with you, you know that. It's better if I don't go, it will just make everything complicated. And you might not have to escape after all, remember? That's just one outcome of many."

Emilia didn't say anything, she just pressed her lips onto Embry's.

"I love you."

"I love you too. I bet we're having a girl."

"No way! Ten bucks it's a boy!"