Chapter 19

"As long as we both shall live"

The band played softly in the background as Emilia and Embry walked back outside for the reception

The band played softly in the background as Emilia and Embry walked back outside for the reception. Emilia noticed Jessica, Angela, Mike, and Eric standing before the giant wedding cake that Alice had picked, marvelling at it all.

"Hi!" Jessica said as she saw Emilia approach.

"Hey guys. You remember Embry, right?" The group nodded before Jessica spoke up again.

"We were just saying how pretty we think everything is."

Alice walked up behind Emilia. "Thanks, you don't think it's too much?"

"Nooo, no" the group all denied the accusation, Emilia hearing their thoughts and how extravagant they thought everything was.

The couple then joined Seth, Sue, and Billy as they went to congratulate the newlyweds, Seth as excited as he usually was.

"I hope you'll be happy, Bella." Billy said.

"Thank you, Billy. Have you heard from him?"

"I'm sure Jake wishes you the best."

Bella seemed to want to say more but didn't. Embry and Edward shared a look, both knowing about the surprise for later on.

"Well I plan on getting drunk. They're serving up some pretty fancy champagne, Sue, I can get you a glass?"

Billy turned immediately, intentionally rolling over Charlie's foot. "Sparkling is fine."

"Sounds great" Charlie muttered, walking behind Billy but next to Sue. Embry, Seth, and Emilia walked behind the adults.

"You guys did a good job decorating." Seth told Emilia who smiled.

"Thanks Seth. It was hard but it paid off."

Emilia tried to shake off the feeling of being watched as she accepted a glass of champagne from Embry but turned, meeting Irina's angry eyes.

Irina was glaring specifically at Seth and Embry who looked back at her before looking to Emilia.

"What's her deal?" Embry whispered to his girlfriend, leading her away and to the dance floor.

"She was Laurent's mate. You know, the guy who tried to kill Bella in the field? Anyways, she hates you guys for killing him. Doesn't believe he wanted to kill Bella."