Chapter 20

"One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone"

Emilia was with Embry when she got the call.

It was two weeks after Bella and Edward's wedding, two weeks since they had left. Two weeks since Jake had come home and been detained at Sam's. Two weeks of bliss for Embry and Emilia who spent their time together.

Emilia got up from the couch where she and Embry laid watching a movie, answering her phone as she headed outside.

"Hello?"

"Emma? I need your help."

"What's wrong, Bella?" Emilia heard the way Bella's voice shook and the panic behind it.

"We're coming home early. I don't know how or why but I'm pregnant."

Emilia's jaw dropped and she steeping further from the house, not risking Embry listening. "What do you need?"

"Edward wants me to get rid of my baby, our baby. I've already asked Rose but can you please stay with me on this? I need this baby."

"Of course I will. It's still a baby and you are the one carrying it. What time do you land so I can be there?"

"7"

"See you then" Emilia hung up, holding the phone to her chest. The pack would freak out if they found out. Embry wouldn't let her go to see Bella.

Emilia slid her phone in her back pocket, walking back to the house where Embry continued to watch the movie.

"Hey Em, I have to go soon."

He paused the movie. "Why, is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine. Just family issues. Bella is sick so they're coming back."

"Sick? With what?"

Emilia shrugged. "Who knows? She might need to fly out somewhere else for treatment and wants me to stay with her for a little, until she leaves."

Embry nodded, pulling Emilia onto his lap. "It's not contagious, is it?"

She laughed, shaking her head. "I wouldn't go if it was."

The two kissed before she stood up, grabbing her bag. "I'll be back as soon as she leaves, okay?"

"Okay. Be safe, I love you."

"I love you too." Emilia all but ran to her car. She had lied to Embry but how much longer could she do it?

....

The sound of her car door slamming had Rose running to meet her. "Protect Bella at all costs?" Rosalie asked, Emilia nodding.

"Course. She needs us. The baby needs us."

The atmosphere inside the Cullen house was tense, the family split. While Rose and Emma were on Bella's side, Alice was with Edward. Alice could no longer see Bella's future and thought it best for the thing to be taken care of.

The rest of the house was just on the sidelines, wanting to help Bella but afraid for her life.

Nobody spoke while they waited for Bella and Edward to arrive and when they did, Edward looked pissed.

Rose and Emilia flanked Bella instantly, helping her to sit and offering her water to calm down. Already, Bella was showing slightly. It wasn't much but it was there, proof that the baby was not normal.

"Carlisle, can't you take it out of her?!" Edward asked as Carlisle attempted to do an ultrasound. The older man sighed, turning off the TV after his attempt was rendered unsuccessful.

"No!" Rose growled at Edward's words, Emilia squeezing Bella's hand.

"I won't do it without her consent. " Carlisle responded as the girls helped Bella up.

"It's a baby, Edward." Emilia hissed, leading Bella to the couch.

"It's killing her!"

Bella looked torn, her hand resting over her belly but looking to Edward as he glared at her belly.

"It's your child!" Rosalie shot back.

"If I had known it was possible, that thing wouldn't exist!"

"Edward! That is enough, the yelling isn't good for Bella!" Esme shouted. Edward glared at the two girls before storming out.

Esme handed Bella a bowl of soup. "Eat. You need all the protein you can get."

Emilia helped Bella eat as much as she could before taking her to her bedroom. Once Bella was asleep, Emilia turned to Rose sighing.

"Rose, what are we going to do!"