Chapter 23

"I keep myself busy with the things I do but everytime I pause, I still think of you."

Embry stormed inside the house, Quil hot on his heels

Embry stormed inside the house, Quil hot on his heels. "Dude, calm down."

Embry spun around, pushing Quil back. "They almost kissed right in front of me!"

Quil stepped back, his hands up in defense. "I saw."

Jared walked up behind them, throwing his arm around Embry. "Bro, Jacob totally made a move on your girl."

Embry growled, shoving off Jared's arm. "Shut up, Jared." Quil hissed as Jared continued forward.

"Like he was all over her from the moment he stepped outside. What if Jacob was secretly always in love with Enilia?"

"He definitely isn't."

"It checks out. I mean, think about it. The newborn army was also after Emilia and Jacob even offered to carry Emilia up at first before Sam said Seth would do it, remember? And he left us to protect Emilia as well. It all makes sense!"

Embry began to shake. "Shut up, Jared!" He growled lowly making Emily run forward.

"Okay, okay. Will someone explain what is going on?"

Quil sighed, pushing Embry and Jared apart. "Jacob and Emilia kissed last night."

"Almost kissed." Embry cut in making Jared shrug.

"Kissed, almost kissed. Does it matter? Same difference. It still happened."

"It matters to me." Embry shot back, Jared quieting down.

Emily's eyes widened. "Emilia and Jacob? As in Emilia Cullen and Jacob Black? Embry's Emilia and Jacob, the same Jacob who was in love with Bella?"

"Yes, the same ones. They were talking about their plans after this ended and Jacob invited her to join him and they were laughing and then they almost kissed. Sam had to alpha command Embry to stay back or else he would've attacked." Quil explained.

Paul ran in the house, grabbing a muffin. "Guys, Sam needs us. He said to eat fast and shift back so that Brady and Collin can it."

He exited, Jared and Quil following, both with muffins in their hands.

Embry sighed, leaning against the wall and shaking his head. He had truly lost Emilia. Could Jared be right? Could Jacob have always loved Emilia?

"Embry, do you want to talk about it?" Emily asked, the boy groaning.

"I love her, Emily. I love her so much. And I lost her. I let her go and it hurts so goddamn much. I need her back."

"I know, Embry. I know it hurts."

"And the worst part is that it's all my fault. I should have said something else, should have stopped her."

"She was dead set on leaving. Nothing you said could have stopped her, she was going to protect Bella."

"Do you think Jared is right? About Jake and Emilia?"

Emily shook her head, hugging Embry. "No, of course not. She loves you, Embry. She loves you so much."

"How do you know that? She hates me."

"No she doesn't. She fought for you. She came here knowing that you guys knew and ignored Sam to apologize to you. She cried when she left and didn't leave until you made it clear that you wanted her to go. Embry, she hesitated before leaving."

"You should have seen them. Cuddled up, laughing. She had a headache and he got all protective. And when they were leaning in, they looked so good together. I just wanted to jump out and maul Jake to death."

"They are both lonely right now. Think about it, Embry. They both lost a lot by sliding with Bella."

"But...."

"But nothing. Emilia loves you and once this is all over, however it ends, you will be together again."

"She won't forgive me if we kill Bella."

Emily frowned. Would she be able to forgive Sam for killing Bella? She wasn't sure. Murdering vampires, she could stand but a human? An innocent human who's only mistake was becoming pregnant? She didn't know.

"Honestly Embry, I done think I would forgive you guys for killing Bella. Emilia was right about that, Bella is human at the end of the day."

"That's not helping, Emily."

Emily shook her head, putting her hand on Embry's shoulder. "If it really is meant to be, it will all work out. That I can promise you, Embry."

The sound of footsteps had the two turning to the door where Sam, Brady, and Collin came inside.

"Embry, get out there." Sam commanded, Embry nodding before grabbing a muffin.

"Thanks Emily."

He scoffed down the muffin before shifting, running towards the Cullen home and stopping once his eyes landed on Emilia and Jacob again.

Told you he's trying to steal your girl Jared thought making Embry growl lowly at him.

Let me hear.

"So we can both agree that it was mistake and should never happen again?" Emilia asked as Jacob began to nod in response.

"I can't shake the feeling that Embry saw." Emilia's eyes glistened as she looked away, nodding slightly at Jacob's words.

"He did. I heard his thoughts as I was walking away. I felt so guilty and the pain got worse if that is even possible."

Jacob winced. "I'm surprised he didn't kill me."

Emilia shrugged, beginning to walk back towards the house. "He broke up with me, remember? We're traitors in his eyes. He doesn't care about me anymore."

Embry looked down, whining quietly at her words. He knew she wouldn't hear but tried to apologize mentally, tried for her to listen to him.

Embry! Paul warned making him stop instantly.

He looked back up to where Emilia once stood but was now gone, Jacob talking to Leah instead.

She nodded her furry head and ran off, Jake sighing.

"Man this alpha thing sucks." He muttered before running off as well.