Prologue

October 1990

"Genevieve, you're almost due. You have to make a decision soon"

The dark haired woman sighed, nodding at the doctors words. "I'm aware, Carlisle. I just don't want to give her away without knowing she's safe"

She sat in the Cullen family home in Germany, where she had run away after discovering her pregnancy. There, she met Dr. Carlisle Cullen and his family and she also discovered their secret. Genevieve Stone was involved in the supernatural before meeting the Cullens, how, nobody knew.

"We can take her" Edward spoke up, standing up from his seat in the corner of the room.

Carlisle's eyebrows furrowed. "She's human, Edward. It would be too dangerous"

"But Carlisle, she has some sort of power. She's like me"

"Excuse me?" Genevieve was confused. How could her unborn human daughter have a power?

"She knows I can read thoughts. I think..I think she can read my thoughts. I was thinking that we should adopt her and she agreed. Her mind is already so advanced ! And she loves us already."

"Genevieve, if you're comfortable with it, we can take her in."

Genevieve instantly nodded. "I trust you. Just...just please tell her about me"

Carlisle smiled, grabbing the women's hand. "We promise"

Not even a month later, Esme helped deliver Genevieve's healthy baby girl. She was a beautiful baby, with dark hair and expressive big eyes.

"Emilia" Genevieve had said as soon as she saw her daughter. "Emilia Magnolia Cullen. That's her name"

Almost immediately after giving birth, Genevieve sent Esme away with baby Emilia. Told her to go before she changed her mind and ruined her daughter's life.

Esme took Emilia to the Cullen house where the family prepared to leave back to the United States of America. Edward took Emilia and instantly bonded with the baby, feeling like he had to protect her.

Rosalie also loved Emilia as her own, projecting her dreams onto the human baby that fate had sent their way.

Emilia was raised in a loving and protective family that helped her flourish her powers as she grew.

The older she became, the more the power grew until Eleazer was able to discover exactly what it was: Mental Manipulation.

Emilia could read minds, make people see what she wanted them to see, mentally shield the family from others' powers, and so much more. Aro, the leader of the Volturi, wanted her as his crowning jem of the court.

But Emilia stayed with the Cullens where she belonged. Her family soon lead her to Forks, Washington where everything changed.

Soon, not only Edward would have found love in Forks.....