Chapter 6

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage"

"I don't want to leave your arms"

Emilia laid wrapped against Embry's chest, him tracing patterns on her arm as they laid on the cliff, staring ahead.

"Then don't" Emilia stared up at Embry and felt his black eye, stopping when he flinched.

"I can't believe Sam punched you"

"Yeah, well, he thought I was playing you. I hadn't told him you were my imprint."

Emilia rolled her eyes. "It's not fair! Jacob and Edward took away our right to tell people when we were ready!"

"Babe, you haven't told your family the truth yet" Embry pointed out before pressing a kiss to her shoulder.

It was true, the Cullens had been back in Forks for a little over a week now and Emilia was still keeping the secret. She had even gone back to school, yet she wanted Embry to be something only she knew of, something special.

And so, she avoided Edward, Alice, and Rosalie all day, knowing that they only wanted to pry. Emmett and Jasper didn't really care and Esme and Carlisle weren't even sure about what was happening.

Emilia shifted so she was staring into Embry's eyes, her hands cupping his face as she pulled him into a kiss. "I'm scared to tell them"

Embry smiled and kissed her one more time before pulling away. "You have to tell them eventually. And if you need me to be there, I'll break the treaty if it makes you more comfortable."

"I can't ask that of you." She sighed, sitting up.

Embry sat up as well and wrapped his arms around Emilia's waist, pulling her closer to him. "Lia, I would give up the world for you"

The two sat in the same position for a while, just staring into each other's eyes.

"Embry?"

"Hmm?"

"Let's go to Emily's"

Embry's eyes widened and he backed away from his imprint in shock. "Are you serious?"

"As I'll ever be"

Embry stood up and offered Emilia his hand, helping Emilia stand up. Their hands entwined as they walked back to Emily's. He howled as they approached the cozy house, Emilia laughing at his antics.

His hand went to the small of her back as they entered, all eyes on them.

Sam glared at Embry's hand making him retract it, clearing his throat awkwardly.

"Guys, this is my girlfriend Emilia. Lia, this is Paul, Jared, Jacob, Quil, and Seth. You already know Sam and Emily."

Seth was the first to react, running over excitedly. "You're the human with powers! You're amazing! What is that even like?"

"You have powers?" Paul looked the girl up and down, evaluating her.

"Yeah, my mom was a witch so I inherited some of her powers. I have mental manipulation which basically means I read minds and can make you see things that aren't really there. I also have a mental shield. I can also stop and start aging whenever I want. I'm still half-human though."

Paul nodded. "You're cool. What are you doing with Embry?"

Embry scowled as Emilia laughed. "She's my imprint."

"So are you a vampire girl or a wolf girl?" Jared cut in making Embry throw his arm over her shoulder.

"Wolf girl, of course"

Paul scoffed. "She literally lives with bloodsuckers. She's a vampire girl"

"Actually, I'm a bit of both." Emilia said making the boys laugh.

"We're going to be good friends" Paul said before Jacob pushed him back.

"So you're the girl Embry can't stop thinking about." Quil commented making Embry roll his eyes.

"I guess that's me"

"It's nice to finally meet our best friend's girlfriend. You make him really happy." Jacob nudged Embry.

"And he makes me really happy."

Sam cleared his throat making Emilia and Embry share a look. "Emma, when did you even meet Embry?"

"The first time I visited, the day before seeing you guys. We ran into each other at the beach."

"And you didn't tell us?"

Emilia looked down causing Embry to squeeze her shoulder and answer for her. "We wanted to keep it to ourselves for a little bit."

"Well, the good thing is that you told us. Come on, Emma, I made muffins."

Emilia piped up at the mention of muffins and stared at Embry, almost as if asking for permission.

"Go." He prompted her making her smile at him. She kissed him before running after Emily who laughed.

Sam walked up next to Embry, watching as Embry stared at Emilia lovingly.

"You really love her?"

"She's the best thing that has happened to me."

Sam sighed. "I'm not mad then, Embry. Just take care of her. Yes, she's powerful but she's still human."

Embry looked at Sam and nodded. "I promise. I won't let her get hurt."