Chapter 14

"I'm not saying that love always takes you to heaven. Your life can become a nightmare. But that said, it is worth taking the risk."

Saturday morning came and Embry and Emilia had to separate

Saturday morning came and Embry and Emilia had to separate. They walked silently to Emily's where Seth waited for her, ready to head to the cold mountain for the night.

They wouldn't leave til after noon, a little before the sun set yet Sam insisted Emilia came early just in case.

Embry sat down at the table, pulling Emilia on his lap. Emily set down a plate before them, Embry snatching a piece of became immediately.

Paul and Jared smirked as they caught Emilia's scent, Embry's scent all over hers. They shared a look before turning to Embry, who rolled his eyes at their look.

"So, Embry." Paul began. "What did you do last night?"

Emilia turned red as the two older wolves began to laugh, teasing the couple.

"So, Paul?" Emilia mocked. "What did you do last night? Oh, right, nothing because you have no girl and Jared was busy."

Paul glared at the girl as Quil oood, Embry grinning. "That's my girl."

"Real funny, Cullen."

"Could say the same for you, Lahote."

Even Sam struggled to hide his smile. "Enough." He said, hiding his mouth in Emily's hair.

"Oh come on, Sam. She would have kicked his ass." Jake complained from his seat.

Paul's jaw dropped. "She would not!"

"Wanne bet?" Jared snickered as Emilia arched an eyebrow at Paul.

"Emilia, I am not fighting with you. I would hurt you and Embry would never let me hear the end of it."

She scoffed. "Oh please. I could take you with my eyes closed."

"Could not."

A book flew off of Emily's shelf, hitting Paul in the back of the head. He rubbed his head, his eyes narrowing at Emilia. Embry growled at him, a sign that he should stop.

"No fair, you used your powers."

"You're a wolf! You have extra strength!"

"So, the fight isn't fair either way. You guys should stop." Sam advised making the two huff.

"Whatever" they said simultaneously, crossing their arms.