Chapter 17

"Love conquers all"

Months passed and August came, with it Bella and Edward's wedding

Emilia had been promoted to Maid of Honor which required a lot more of her attention. She found herself spending more time with Bella, planning every little detail with Alice. She and Alice argued a lot but ultimately decided on what was most Bella and Edward. Bella wanted the wedding theme to revolve around the ring, which made everything more Edward's style.

Bella had asked for her bridesmaids to wear purple dresses, causing Emilia, Alice, and Rosalie to go shopping together. Esme also was wearing the lilac color that Emilia and Bella had decided on, each women wearing a different style dress.

While Emilia worked on Bella's wedding, she spent more time with Embry, the two closer than ever. In fact, they just about lived together. Embry had gotten his own place so that he wouldn't worry his mother anymore. Tiffany was still frustrated with Embry as he continued to keep the secret but with him living alone, she barely noticed.

Emilia had practically moved into his home, a large portion of her closet in his. While the move wasn't official, Embry planned to make it official as soon as he could.

Yes, Embry was planning on proposing. He wanted it to be special, perhaps on Emilia's birthday. They were soulmates and had plenty of time to get engaged and married so Embry didn't stress on it too long. Her birthday was still months away but he wanted to map out how he was going to do it. Either way, he was waiting until the whole Edward-Bella wedding was over to propose to Emilia.

The invitations had been sent out and as a result, Jacob had run away. He was convinced that Bella wouldn't go through with it but she had and he felt betrayed and used.

He ran to the Canadian border and for weeks, Embry and Quil had disappeared in search of their friend. It had been hard for Emilia at first, but she submerged herself in the wedding plans to forget.

Then, Jacob sent Embry and Quil back. He wanted to be alone. Embry was more than happy to oblige and came home to his loving imprint who missed him dearly.

Anyways, that all brings it back to August 12, the day before the wedding. The Cullen home was active as they set up for the wedding. The chairs were set, the alter fixed and the isle decorated.

Alice and Emilia had spent the last three days making sure that Bella broke in the white high heels for the big day but Bella could not seem to get the hang of them. Emilia worried about how Bella would do it the next day with the long train her dress had.

Emilia winced as Bella scraped the ground again with the heel, pausing to look at her two bridesmaids. Alice and Emilia shared a look.

"You just have to break them in." Alice encouraged.

Bella kicked off the heels, Emilia collecting them and almost cradling the shoes. "I have been breaking them in, for three days."

"Can't I just go barefoot?"

"Absolutely not-" Alice was cut off by Emmett asking where she wanted the huge slabs of wood that they were placing.

"On either sides of the isle." Emilia chimed in, Rosalie walking by.

"What isle?"

"Honestly, does no one have vision?" Alice complained, walking after the pair.

Emilia noticed how Bella was staring up and looked up as well, noticing Edward standing on his balcony.

She got in Bella's line of vision, visibly startling the Swan girl. "You, make sure to get lots of rest. You'll be needing it."

Bella nodded, watching as Emilia put the heels in their box before grabbing her purse. "Are you leaving?"

Emilia nodded. "I have to make sure Embry's suit actually fits. Do you know how much that boy hates tuxedos?"

Bella laughed and Emilia walked to her Mercedes, jumping into the driver's seat and driving off, heading to the rez.

She pulled up at Embry's new home, locking her car as she headed towards the door. It swung open, Embry pulling her in and kissing her.

"How's wedding prep going?" He asked, Emilia throwing her bag on the couch and following her boyfriend to the kitchen. She sat on a stool, smiling as Embry slid her a plate of pasta.

"Bella still can't manage her heels. Other than that, we are ready for tomorrow."

"You'll do great." Embry assured Emilia, noticing how she still seemed tense.

"What if I mess up the speech?"

"You won't. Lia, you have it all down pat. All you have to do is relax and let tomorrow happen."

"You're right."

"I always am."

Emilia laughed. "Emily gave you food, huh?"

"I tried to cook and failed, okay?"

She kissed her boyfriend's cheek. "I still love you, chef or no chef."

Emilia finished her food, and stood up, putting her plate in the sink.

"Anyways, you have to try on your suit."

Embry groaned as Emilia pushed him forward. "Do I have to?"

"Please Em, I need us to look amazing tomorrow."

"The things I do for you." Embry grumbled heading into the bathroom and changing. Emilia smiled and adjusted the suit jacket, grabbing the black tie and fixing it around his neck.

"You look great."

"I look stupid."

"You do not."

He wrapped his arms around Emilia's waist, resting his head on her shoulder. "Whatever you say."