Chapter 35

"To love is to act."

Embry's hand wrapped around Emilia's as they approached the house, Emilia hesitating before the front door

"So this is where you ran away to." Embry looked around, Emilia smiling as she stared at him.

"I didn't run away."

He scoffed. "You left and didn't tell anyone where you were going. You ran away, babe."

Emilia rolled her eyes, lifting her hand to grab the knocker on the door. She hit it against the door three times before pulling back, fidgeting kn her feet.

Asteria Stone, the oldest of the witches, opened the door, her eyes widening as she stared at Emilia. "Emma! What are you doing back so soon?" Her eyes than drifted to the boy by Emilia's side, raising an eyebrow.

"I need your help. Can we come inside? It's better to talk in there."

Asteria nodded, opening the door wide. "Of course, come in."

She closed the door behind them, Embry looking around in wonder. "Andromeda, Mirabelle, Noemi! We've got a visitor."

The three witches bounded in the room, pausing once they saw the couple sitting across from Asteria. Noemi smirked, hugging Emilia.

"This must be Embry. I've heard a lot about you."

Embry smiled, shaking Noemi's hand. "I've heard a lot about you too."

"What's wrong, Emma?" Andromeda asked, noticing how nervous Emilia was.

"The Volturi is coming after my family." She admitted, the witches stilling.

"What? Why?" Mirabelle reacted first, grabbing Emilia's hand.

"They think that my niece, Renesmee, is an immortal child. I can show you, if you'd like."

The witches shared a look and nodded, locking hands. Emma put her hand on Asteria's cheek, the vision overcoming all four witches. Emma pulled her hand away, the women gasping in shock.

"What do you need from us? We'll help in whatever way we can."

"We want to have an army of witnesses. You don't have to fight but it would slow the Volturi down and help us explain."

"It's the least we can do." Noemi spoke, Asteria nodding.

Emilia stared at Asteria as she was the head of the coven. "We'll do it. And we will fight if need be."