Chapter 8

"I know of no greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, without end."

"Do you have to go?" Emilia asked Embry as he stood, ready to go patrol

After Emilia had relayed the details of Alice's vision to the pack, Sam decided that they too would be there, waiting for Victoria to show up.

Embry at first wanted Emilia to leave with Bella and Edward, wanting her far and safe. After continuous reassurance from Emilia that she would be okay, Embry relented with the condition that she wouldn't be there.

She became annoyed at first but accepted his request. Although, she was a bit upset with him for making her stay put, though.

"Babe, we've been over this."

Emilia sighed, standing as well. "What if you get hurt?"

Embry chuckled. "I won't. I promise."

"Pinky promise?"

"Pinky promise."

"Besides, you can work on your Valdictorian speech." Embry reminded his imprint, making her sigh.

While everyone thought that Jessica Stanley would be Valedictorian, the school had chosen Emilia as she had the highest GPA. She was also captain of the cheerleading team, member of the debate team, and had gotten a perfect score on her SATs. Overall, she was an exemplary student.

"It's almost done, just needs a few tweaks here and there."

"Embry, let's go!" Sam shouted, making Embry kiss his imprint.

"Get some sleep alright? I'll be back before you know it."

The atmosphere at Emily's was tense as Emily showed Emilia to the guest room. Her family wanted her to stay in La Push because it was much safer than her being alone.

Kim, Jared's imprint, decided to stay at her own home because she knew Jared would go there as soon as the run was over. So, it was only Emily and Emilia, nervously working around the house.

Emilia finished her speech and set it aside, helping Emily make a batch of cupcakes for the pack. They made four dozen cupcakes from scratch and made their own icing, yet time seemed to be going slowly.

"What time did Alice say Victoria would show up was again?" Emily asked, glancing at the clock for the third time in one minute.

"10" Emilia replied, fidgeting in her seat as the two tried to watch Titanic.

"It's almost midnight." Emily frowned.