First Day Back

Emily's POV

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Just as ready as I'll ever be." She replied with a sigh.

"Listen, don't worry about what other people think. It won't matter in the next three years what they ever said anyway." I said, trying to comfort her.

----------

We walked into the building and everyone stopped what he or she was doing. Mouths were agape and I heard some whistling.

"Well this is extremely awkward." She whispered to me.

"Don't worry about it. Just be the smooth Alison DiLaurentis you always are." I smiled as I started piling books into my locker.

I overheard Sean Ackard scoff "Dyke." And before I knew it Ali was in his face.

"Did you have something to say?" She demanded.

"I said dyke-"

She grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and yanked him down to stare her straight in the eyes.

"Listen, you church frolicking prick, I'm not a dyke. I love Emily. I always have. Don't you goddamn forget it that I'm still Alison DiLaurentis and I know everyone's secrets. Don't fuck up again and say things that could get you in trouble. Are. We. Clear. Sean."

He quickly nodded his head with a look of fear in his eyes, knowing fully what Alison could do to him. She shoved him backwards into a locker and made her way back to me.

It's hot when she's protective. I thought.

"I saw red, I'm sorry if I embarrassed you already within an hour-"

I cut her off with a kiss and she tangled her fingers in my hair.

"There's the power couple!" Hanna grinned as she approached us with the rest of our friends close by.

I blushed furiously and fixed my hair while she made a more smooth recovery than I did..as always.

"Power couple, huh?" She smirked.

"Han, we're just like everyone else." I said.

"Oh come on Em, don't be so modest. It's nationwide news that the two hottest girls in school are finally together, if that doesn't scream power couple then I don't know what does." Hanna winked.

"Wait, Hanna, did you just say Emily and Ali are hot?" Spencer laughed.

"Every girl has an opinion on another girl. It's not gay to have a girl crush, Spencer." Hanna stated in an annoyed tone. "Jenna Marbles said so."

Spencer laughed even harder. "Who's Jenna Marbles?"

"She's a YouTube sensation. She's wicked funny and she has millions of people that watch her, and she makes a new video every Wednesday." Hanna defended. "Gimme your phone, because you clearly don't know the meaning of life or Sexual Wednesday."

Hanna pulled up 'Girl Crushes' by Jenna Marbles and Hanna was right, how did I live my life without Jenna Marbles? I was doubled over in laughter with Aria and Ali struggling to hold me up.

"See, Spence? I told you so!" Hanna exclaimed

"Emily please, I'm really small and Ali can barely hold you up all by herself!" Aria winced.

"Jeez, way to sell a girl out Aria." She faked a hurt expression.

"You can come to the gym with me, babe." I said finally being able to stand up straight.