I Miss You Already

Emily's POV

I was almost silent the entire way to the airport. I can't just leave the country with my six-month pregnant fiancé, I just don't feel right doing it. Alison said she'd be happier if I went, what my Ali wants, she gets. As long as she's not angry, I'll go, I mean how often is it that a nineteen year old college student gets recruited on the Olympic team?

We drove up to the curb so I could catch my flight, I bit my lip to hold back tears, I can't believe I'm leaving for sixteen days.

"Hey, Em, don't worry about me, I'll be fine." She gave me a smile.

"I know, it's just that I'm going to miss you so much, I wish I would've known, I could have stayed home with you." I let one tear silently fall from my eye.

"I'm gonna miss you too, that's why you can Skype me when you want to." She said while taking my hand. "I almost forgot!" She exclaimed.

She rummaged through her purse and emerged with a stack of envelopes and handed them to me.

"Ali, what are these?"

"Handwritten letters. One for almost any situation I can think of, if you had a bad dream, need a pep talk, multiple reminders if you need to know how much I love you.." She smirked.

"This is so sweet, Ali, thank you." I tried to smile.

"So, Shay and I will be watching you. Try your best okay? There are no disappointments in our home if you lose, because I'm pretty sure you're going to win."

"Thanks, don't go into labor early on me!" I joked.

"I think we're safe with an extra two months, Em." She pecked my cheek. "No pouting!"

"But I thought you liked when I pout!"

"I do, but you have sexy lips, and it'll be just horrible enough being frustrated for more than two weeks." She winked.

I blushed. "I ought to get my things, my flight leaves soon, thank you for pushing me to do this, I wouldn't have done it myself."

"So, you have your first interview when you get there?" She asked.

"Mhm, I'll be in my USA sweats."

"I love you, Emily." Her eyes were glazed over.

"Are you sure you're okay? I can stay at home."

"I'm fine! It's the hormones. I'll miss you too..and so will Shay. You didn't tell the girls we're having a girl, did you?" She asked.

"Of course not!" I exclaimed. "That would defeat the purpose of a surprise." I grinned.

"Okay, now get out! Before I start sobbing." She laughed lightly.

I fake gasped. "Well, then!"

"You know I'm kidding right?" She smirked.

"Yeah, I do." I stuck my tongue out.

"Have a nice flight!" She called out.

"I love you!" I called back.

She blew me a kiss and drove away.

Alison's POV

"Ariaaaa!" I whined.

"Are you in labor?!" She panicked.

"Noooo my back hurts." I pouted.

"You're lucky you're pregnant with my niece or nephew. Why won't you tell us the gender? Hanna and I wanna go shopping!" Aria exclaimed while she re-arranged the pillows.