It's Over

Alison's POV

"Ali, call me. We need to talk.
You're in danger.
-Em"

Is this some kind of sick joke? I dialed Emily's number, thinking someone had hurt her or -A had somehow gotten her phone and the information I told her to memorize and burn. Someone finally answered on the other line.

"Hello?"

"How did you find me?" I demanded

I heard gasping. Then Hanna's voice, a little bit of relief

"Okay Ali, the police know that it's not you."

"What?!"

"Buried, they know you're not in there!" Emily panicked.

"Alison does your mother know?!" Aria asked.

"No! Don't speak to my mother! Okay she can't know anything!"

"Look we want to help you but you need to tell us what happened that night" Emily reasoned.

"Then you need to come here and you need to hurry!"

Emily's frantic voice on the other line was enough to let me know that the situation was urgent. I didn't announce my location over the phone to Em, that would be stupid. So I sent Noel Kahn to pick them up from Philly. I instructed him to bring them to The Mockingbird, a small coffee shop in Manhattan. I was staying in the apartment above it. I overlook the business since the owner is often away on business. Emily already knew that though.
----------
I took a deep breath to compose myself and opened the door.

I overheard Emily questioning why I would trust Noel.

"Because he has secrets too."

As soon as they saw me, all four of them stood up.

Emily plays dumb very well

Hanna was the first to speak.

"I wanna hug you and slap you at the same time" she said.

I sighed and closed the door. "I could use a hug"

I made my rounds hugging each one of them. First Hanna, then my beautiful Emily, then Aria. I returned back to Emily looking at her lovingly in the eyes for a second and holding her hands.

"I'm glad you're here Spencer."

"Why? I'm the one you can't trust."

"I need your help...now that the cops know I'm not the one they buried they're gonna start looking again...and until I know who -A is I can't come home"

"Ali we think your mom is the one who stole the game from Mona..we think she's -A" Hanna said quietly.

There was an uncomfortable silence in the room after I heard that.

"You don't seem surprised..." Em started.

"It's complicated, Em." I said softly. I crossed my arms over my chest "I've never figured out..the right way to tell you what you need to know. I've never even been able to say the words out loud."

"Why don't you start at the beginning.." said Spencer

I let out another sigh as I sat down on the single, black leather chair while the girls sat on the sofa.
"I'm ready to tell you guys everything. But if we can't figure it out tonight I'm gonna have to disappear again...and this time it's gonna be for good."
----------
It felt like I was explaining everything for eternity. I told them how I scratched off name after name on my list, only coming up with dead ends. I told them how easy it was to stay away. Until Hanna was in the hospital after I saw what Mona did to her. I pushed Ian off the bell tower after he tried to kill Spencer. I was there the night the lodge caught fire, I told Hanna that I helped her and that the rest of them were already saved but I didn't see who pulled them out.

Emily suddenly got up "Guys I think...someone's out there"

I shut off the lights and we all huddled together, Em was in front of me.

"Is that Noel?" Aria asked

We remained silent. Until there were three hard taps on the glass..The Mockingbird had shattered into pieces to the ground. Revealing a figure dressed in black pointing with a sledgehammer and gun. This has to be -A

"ALI RUN!" Emily shouted.

All five of us ran back up into the apartment above where I was really staying.

"Lock the door" Aria said in a panicky tone of voice.

"Call 911" I said.

"Noel has our phones!" Emily panicked.

Two gunshots came and pierced through the door, causing us to scream.

"Fire escape! Fire escape!" Spencer shouted

We climbed up the fire escape up to the roof while Hanna tried to open the door on the other side of the roof.

"It's locked!" She cried.

"There's no way out of here" Emily said

We gathered around her to look at the grim sight of no escape route.

"Do you think we could make it?" She questioned.
We all just stared at her, I love Emily but how much worse could that plan be right now?

"No" we all replied simultaneously while looking at her like she's crazy.

The door that was locked swung open and I grabbed onto Emily's arm in fear. We all huddled together closer, my nails probably dug into Emily's arm.

Aria stepped forward hesitantly "...Ezra?"

Sure enough, it was Ezra he looked around while the opposite door creaked open revealing -A

We all screamed. While Ezra was shouting at this monster.

-A raised the gun towards us.

Ezra calmly walked towards this person with his hands up "Look..I know who you are..and the police are on their way."

-A fired off another round close to where Ezra's hand was, then pointed the gun back at us while we're in hysterics and Ezra runs up towards this psycho attempting to remove the gun, during the struggle another round went off. He punched that bitch in the face causing the gun to be out he..she..it's hand . -A tried to get the gun back.
Hanna picked it up rushed in front of us and pointed it at -A

"TAKE OFF THE MASK" Spencer screamed.

"NOW" Hanna demanded.

"TAKE IT OFF" Aria yelled.

The figure looked like it was gonna take off the mask and reveal itself, but tried to psych us out and make a break for it. -A turned around and I closed my eyes expecting the worst.

Before I knew what happened I heard another shot go off.

I opened my eyes to see that Hanna pulled the trigger. The figure that tried to kill us was clutching their shin. Screaming in a voice that was all too familiar.

"Well...are we gonna find out who this monster is already?"