Prologue

Alison's POV

Sometimes I wonder how I got here. How did it get this bad? I'm Alison DiLaurentis and I'm hiding. That's totally not who I was two years ago. If anything people were the ones to hide from me. Yet here I am, hiding. Hiding from my best friends. Hiding from whoever is stalking me. That first text dictated the way I acted. I wasn't in control anymore; I hated it.

So I tried to call this bitches bluff, which escalated quickly after that bitch tried to bury me alive. That's enough of a reason to run, right?

I reach into the pocket of my red coat and take out a picture that's in my wallet. It's of me and the girls. My eyes drifted to Emily's smile. There was always something about Emily that I couldn't figure out. She was always so nice to me. No matter what I did, after all the times I hurt her, she still cared about me more than anyone else.

I risked my life in order to save Emily..twice. A, whoever this bitch is, wants me dead. They know Emily was my favorite. The bitch knows everything.The first time I came to the rescue I got a text.

"Girl Crush is running out of oxygen
xoxo
-A"

As soon as I had that address I didn't think of anything but saving Em. I busted down the door to that barn and dragged her out. I was scared that I was too late, until I saw her beautiful brown eyes flutter open and widen as soon as she saw me. She had so many questions. I felt a crushing pain in my heart that Emily was being tortured by A too. I offered her an escape, to come with me, and leave the horrid things behind. Her eyes fluttered back shut after a little while. Before I returned her to the opening of the barn, I kissed her.

I learned that the girls were in Ravenswood to see a magic show, courtesy of A.

"Your mermaid is about to be sawed in half...better hurry!
Kisses
-A"

I threw on my red coat, and darted towards the saw mill. I could hear panic, on the other side of the door. I quickly slipped inside. Spencer was hastily trying to break a chain around a large box, I could have died on the spot. I quickly figured out Em was in the box. I shut off the saw and bolted.

I couldn't allow them to find me. It isn't safe for me to go home.

Halloween night, they finally caught me. Their friend that was supposed to be "dead". Tears rushing down my face, scanning their faces and asking if they missed me. Before they could really question me, I heard someone coming, I pressed a finger to my lips, and ran away when they were distracted by Ezra.

All I could think about right now was our meeting at the warehouse. I told Shana to bring Emily to me. That I wanted her, and only her alone, to see me. I had something really important to tell her, but someone came into the warehouse. I was really upset that Emily betrayed me. Soon after I made my escape, I overheard Emily yelling at Spencer. She was infuriated by her interruption. Believing I would never reach out to her again.

I couldn't let Emily feel that way. I mustered up all the courage I had, threw on my coat and ran to Emily's house.