They Know It's Not You

Emily's POV

Now that I know Paige wrote that letter to the police I'm extremely pissed off. I can't even confront her about this because she's in Maine visiting her family.

Honestly, I'm a lot more worried about Alison than I ever was before. Paige betrayed me. She went behind my back and told the cops that Ali was alive. She better not act all innocent either. That's the last time she's ever gonna betray my trust and stab me in the back. UGH I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE IT. She really dug herself into a grave that I'm not gonna try and fish her out of this time. She targeted someone I love. There is not a single chance that we'll even be friends anymore.

The next morning we had school. I was in the bathroom talking to Spencer since Jason was back in town.

"Was the door slammed in your face?" I asked

"No, but he was inside by the time I got there" she replied.

"What happened?"

"Dean and his obsession with my bladder!" disgust was evident in her voice today.

Dean was hired by her parents to make sure Spencer wasn't running around buying drugs. It's so dumb that they have her on such a tight leash.

"Well I thought you were allowed more privileges?" I asked.

"Can't escape the cup, Emily."

The bathroom door opened as we were getting ready to leave. We looked over, Paige was standing there. The look on her face just says "I fucked up". Perfect.

"Oh...hey" she started.

I just stared at her. "When did you get back?"

"Late last night..I was gonna call you this morning..."

"But you didn't" I said cutting her off.

Spencer was looking extremely uncomfortable. I feel bad that this is happening right in front of Spence, she's going through a hard time already.

"Um...I'll see you later" she said as she walked past me and out the door.

Paige stepped forward.

"So does your phone stop working once you leave this state?" continuing to question her.

"It was wall-to-wall family stuff...my grandparents are needy...and old"

"All grandparents are old." I stated.

"Emily..."

"You told the police, you promised me you wouldn't and you went ahead and told them." cutting her off again

"I did it to protect you."

"And who's gonna protect Alison?!"

"I don't think she needs any."

I couldn't help but be so blown away by Paige trying to rationalize her actions as if she was in the right to make that decision.

"I see...so you totally played me and you got exactly what you wanted. Revenge on Alison." I angrily stated.

I began to walk away when she piped up again.

"This isn't about revenge!"

I whipped around "Really?! She's been hiding for two years from somebody who tried to kill her. And by YOU ratting her out to the cops you just sent out a search party!"

My words looked like they cut Paige like daggers. I didn't care. She deserves it for being a shitty friend.

"Then let the cops protect her!"

"AND WHAT IF THEY DON'T GET THERE FIRST?!" I shouted.

Paige looked like she was about to cry. I really don't have the time for this. I angrily stormed out of the door.
----------
Me, Aria and Spencer were at the brew discussing all things Jason, Ali's mom and our mutual worry that Alison's assassin is still out there when Hanna bursts through the doors of The Rear Window Brew.

"Okay if you guys have plans tonight, break them. We're gonna put on wedding dresses for charity"

The look on Spencer's face was priceless. It took everything in me not to laugh.

"Are you out of your mind?" Aria asked.

"My mom found a whole new bag of clothes in Ali's bedroom." Hanna quickly explained.

"Okay slow down." I said.

"Mrs. D knows Ali's alive Emily. I mean if she's giving her new clothes then she must know where to send them!" Hanna exclaimed.

"Okay..why does that mean that we have go get married in her backyard?" Aria asked.

"Because I'm betting that address is somewhere in that house. And we need a reason to be in there so I volunteered all four of us." she said.

After Holbrook cut into our conversation it only made my resentment towards Paige stronger. After he went away I spoke up.

"...so what time does your mom want us to be there?" I asked looking at Hanna.
----------
I lifted up the skirt of Ali's bed.

"Where'd your mom find the shopping bag?"

Hanna let out a sigh "In here..but obviously it's gone now" she replied.

We groaned lifted our dresses and tried to get by each other which was by no means easy. But we managed.

Hanna opened the closet and moved some hangars aside looking at the floor.

"Hey Em? What's the name of that restaurant that you called?"

"Mamma Gabusi's why?"

"Get your tablet."

She picked up Ali's dream board "Look at this" after shutting the closet doors.

I took out my tablet and sat on Ali's bed as Hanna continued to struggle with her dress.

"Do you think Ali's been hiding out here?"

"No, but it might mean something to her, I have an idea"

Of course it does, I play stupid quite well I thought.

FLASHBACK

Ali was fighting against her tears as she scribbled down information to me on a piece of stationary.

"Emily, are you listening?"

If there's a huge emergency log into this account: BarileVolante
mammagabusi is the password to get in.
Send the email to: gye21975

END FLASHBACK

"To: gye21975
Ali, call me. We need to talk.
You're in danger.
-Em"