Chapter 27: Everybody Wants To Love

Song for the chapter: Your Guardian Angel by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.

I think it fits. 

Keep reading to see why!!

xx Me

Chapter 27: Everybody Wants To Love

(Katia’s POV)

“Where to?” I smiled as we walked down the road. Apparently, Gabriel hadn’t driven.

“I sort of want to make it simple…” His voice trailed. “We could grab something quick before heading to the crypts near by.”

“The crypts?

“Yeah. Meet my dad—And…I think it’s a beautiful place actually…” He stated matter-of-factly, keeping his eyes on the sidewalk. “I know it isn’t an ideal date, but you aren’t the ideal girl.” He glanced at me, giving me his ever-so-famous smirk.

I frowned. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It means, you, unlike other girls, would understand.” He smiled. “In honest truth, I feel like I can tell you anything.”

“Oh.” I couldn’t help my reddening cheeks. Even in the dark, under dim streetlights, he looked beautiful. He had always known to the pretty boy, even with his hard features.

“Oh? I give you a world class compliment and all you say is oh?” He grinned.

I said nothing, letting my shrug answer for my lips, causing him to chuckle. “Right,” said Gabriel, “Let’s go.”

(Kat’s POV)

“Yes, I have my seatbelt on Niall.” I could feel my smile get wider. He was mine and I loved him.

“Right, right. Should I just call you later when you aren’t speeding on the road like a mental loony?” I heard his voice in my ear.

“No, it’s fine and—Mental loony? What the hell? I’m a good driver.” I pouted, knowing he wouldn’t see anyway.

He laughed, “Whatever it is, be careful. I prepared a really god dinner for the both of us tonight!”

“Don’t eat it all while waiting.” I smirked.

“Rude! I have self control…”

“You’re eating chips aren’t you.”

“Yes.”

“See!” I grinned.

“That doesn’t count!”

(Niall’s POV)

Yes, I was eating chips, and yes, she was good. She knew me better than I knew myself! I heard her adorable giggle through the phone followed by loud beeps and the cars in traffic. “Drive safe alright!” It was probably the second time I’d said it since she called.

“Don’t worry! Whoa—!” She said suddenly. Loud ‘beeps’ and ‘honks’met my ears. “Woops.” I heard her say carelessly. “Crazy bastards are on the road today…” She muttered.

“Careful! Maybe I should call you later.”

“Yeah—HEY! WATCH IT!” she yelled. “Sorry, yeah, later! Don’t eat all the food! Love you babe!”

“You too. Bye.”

Then, she was gone. I sat alone, eating my chips again while staring at the pasta I had made. The small velvet box lay right at her seat in the table waiting for her to open it.

(Gabriel’s POV)

I had no idea what time it was, or how long it had been since we walked in, but it didn’t seem to matter. We stood in the empty, dimply-lit hall with nothing but white stones bolted on the walls with golden letterings, spelling out the names of the people who’d once walked around, living differently from each other. Katia stood quietly beside me as we looked at only one gravestone. Robert Isaac A. Jones. My father was always someone I could run to and no one but Sebastian and Katia knew where he is at the moment. Everyone else thinks José is my real father. I never liked anyone pitying me. It would only make me feel worse. I only started surfing to take my mind off it. It helped a bit. Then I met the lifeguard on duty. Katia never noticed me. Her eyes were always focused on the horizon over sunset while she listened to music from her iPod. Yes, I noticed theses small things—