Chapter 4: Stuck In Her Daydream

Okay! This is the last chapter I'll be posting until my finals are over!

hope you  guys like it!

xx Katia

Chapter 4: Stuck In Her Daydream

(Kat’s POV)

I’d been walking for nearly thirty minutes, trying to find a decent shop to buy Katia and I a good brekkie. I knew Katia was a bread eater, so a bakery would do. I turned a corner, passing a random store. An old woman walked out, carrying a paper bag. The warm air from inside escaped onto the sidewalk where I stood. The smell of hot cheese, cream and freshly made bread—Yeah, I’m going in this one.

I fumbled out my ipod and put my earplugs on.

White lips, pale face, breathing in snow flakes, burnt lungs, sour taste…” A-Team started playing, making me feel like I was in some music video. God I loved it.

The store was dimly lit with ceramic plates mounted on the walls. The chairs and tables were wooden, with lace clothes draped over. People sat with their laptops and books while their orders were placed down for them by a couple of waiters and waitresses. I walked over to the glass case beside the cash register where different kinds of pastries were displayed for everyone to choose from. I felt my stomach grumble as I studied the food.

“Can I help you?”

I looked up at a boy, about my age with curly hair and a face no girl would ever forget. Damn this guy was hot, but he was totally out of my league. I looked back down at the bread.

“Um, yeah…what’s good here?” I frowned.

“You must be new.” He chuckled, pulling out a few pastries. He handed me one of them. It looked like some kind of roll. “You can taste test if you like, I can always make a new one.” He smiled sweetly at me.

I gladly accepted, biting into it. Warm cream cheesed oozed in my mouth. Sweet baby Jesus that was good—too good.

I heard him laugh.

“What?” I frowned.

“You moaned.” Said in between breaths.

My eyes went wide. I did? The hell! I felt my cheeks burn crimson. Oh, my God this cannot be happening! I decided to do what I was good at.

Lying.

“I did not!” I scowled.

“Oh really?” The curly-haired boy was obviously holding back the urge to laugh.

Prick.

“Yes, really. I don’t know what you heard, but it wasn’t me.” I stated matter-of-factly.

“Whatever. So, have you decided what you’re going to buy?”

“I’ll take four of this one please.” I smiled; referring to the cheese roll he’d given me to taste.

“Hungry today aren’t we?” he smirked grabbing four rolls from the glass case and setting them onto a tray. “I’ll just go and heat this for you—What’s your name?” He asked all of a sudden. His cheeks turned pink as he added, “You know—um so I can write it on you paper bag.”

“Kat.” I smiled sweetly. He handed me a piece of paper with my order as I began walking over to the cash register to pay.

A girl with platinum blonde hair stood wearing a black uniform. Her nametag read Sammie. She looked up at me and gave me a plastic smile. I handed her the paper the curly-haired boy gave me.