Chapter 33: I'm Tired of Being Alone

Chapter 33: I’m Tired Of Being Alone

(Liam’s POV)

My jaw drops and Gabriel glances over at me, then to Katia who had her head down, reading her favorite book, written by her favorite author, Cassandra Clare—yes, I do pay attention to these details. It’s all I have been doing since I had arrived. Her dark brown hair was starting to come undone from her messy bun but she didn’t seem to mind at all.

“Uh…” Was all I could say, Gabriel was walking by with another girl next to him.

“Hmm?” Katia looks at me. “You said something?” She smiled.

I quickly look at Gabriel and his girl, unsure of how to say what I wanted to. Isn’t there some way I could be the bearer of bad news and not make her cry at the same time? Gabriel sees the look on my face and brings his finger up to his lips, gesturing at me to keep quiet. After that, he winks, grins and walks away.

“Li? Liam? W-What are you looking at?” Katia says looking out at the water. She didn’t see Gabriel.

My fists are already balled up and I swear that at that moment my blood was boiling. Who was he to think he could just cheat on Katia when she wasn’t looking—Literally! God I knew there was something a little iffy about him.

“Did you want to swim Li?” She tried guessing but all I did was shake my head.

“No, I like where we are right now.” I said and Katia seemed to have been taken aback. I realized how I must have sounded like. I didn’t mean it at all. I didn’t like where we were. I wanted to hold her again in my arms while we would sleep and to watch her draw and to talk to her, hearing about how her day went and what she thinks she wants to read next—I pushed the thought away quickly and lied. “C’mon you know I didn’t mean it like that.

For the shortest moment, I swear I saw her look disappointed. But she smiled, but at the same time, she wasn’t. That was one thing about girls I never understood. They never really say what the feel or what they want exactly. But hey, sometimes the guys got to work too. How else will the girl know that we were the one—?

How else with Katia know that I’m the one?

(Niall’s POV)

“You know I could get used to this.” Kenz said happily, wading in the water. It’s been quite a while since we got out and I could almost swear Louis and Kenz had both gotten a little tanner now. I must have too, but I had no mirror to prove it.

“Me too.” Louis smiled, grabbing her girlfriend’s arm and wrapping his around her waist. “Beautiful day, on a beautiful beach, with a beautiful girl.” He winks and his girlfriend blushes. I snicker a little. Louis looks up at me. “Oh and a beautiful Irish man.” He adds causing Kenz to laugh.

“Why thank you I’m touched.” I roll my eyes, smiling now. Seeing Louis and Kenz all in love makes me only feel more alone then ever. You could say I’ve moved on from Kat. Ever since she passed, I’ve tried to become a new man. I’m not a little confused Irish boy anymore. I’m Niall Horan, straight, confident Irish boy who is now part of One Direction, and I have no intensions of going back. Looking back, maybe I was never really bi. I was probably just upset Harry was a lot better looking than I was, that I found myself obsessed with trying to see why he was so special. It must have been the reason why I thought I was bi—then again I could only be saying this now just to make myself feel better about it. It wasn’t working.

“I think I’ll go grab a coke.” I said and swam out of the water.

“Oh my god I know you!” A girl with black hair came up to me as I made my way to where Harry was. I was a little shocked someone that looked like her had ever even heard of a band called One Direction. She was covered with tattoos and piercings—She probably looked like she listened to heavy metal than pop—Not that I had anything against it of course. I jerked but composed myself quickly as the girl smiled.