Chapter 16: He's My Angel...With A Shotgun

Chapter 16: He’s My Angel…With A Shotgun

(Grace’s POV)

“What?” Zayn stared at me with his eyes wide. “Th-That’s not possible.”

“That one held the knife against my neck.” I pointed to one of the men who stood out on the porch with Louis.

Zayn’s fists balled up. “Go upstairs.”

“And you? What do you plan to do?” I let my hands rest on both sides of my hips.

“Give them a apiece of my mind.” He grumbled, shooting glares at them.

“You can’t! Kat and I weren’t supposed to tell! If they knew we did—”

“What—They’re going to kill you?” Zayn snorted. “Not while I’m around. Now please go upstairs. I’ll get Niall. He needs to know this too.” He held my hand, taking me with him as he went up the stairs.

I looked back over my shoulder. The blonde man eyed me, smirking before I snapped my head, looking forward again. Zayn’s hand protectively held onto mine, as if anytime, one of the men were going to take me away.

“I don’t want you going down for whatever reason understand?” he said as we reached the top landing.

I smirked. “That depends. What are you going to do?”

He looked at me with a hard expression. “This isn’t a joke Grace. They have no right to do what they did. Not to you.”

“But you can’t waltz out there, thinking you can take them. They carry knives Zayn—If you get hurt, it’ll be my fault.”

“Nothing will ever be your fault. I’ll see you at the room later.” He kissed me quickly before jogging off to look for Niall.

(Niall’s POV)

“You?” I said as soon as Grace had left us alone.

Harry leaned in the kitchen counter, looking down at his hands. “I love her mate.” He muted.

How could he do this to me? Kat was everything to me and he wanted to take her away? He already knew how I felt about myself. He knew that most girls I’ve dated had already left me for him.

“But I understand.” He said, before I could reply.

“Oh, do you?” I felt my fists ball up. I could never keep my temper down. I didn’t work well with controlling my emotions.

“Yes. I just wanted you to know how I feel.” He muttered.

I felt my heartbeat quicken. He hadn’t done this to me in ages. God, he was beautiful, but he wasn’t like me. Maybe I should stop being the bi. Was that possible? To stop being what you thought you were for years? I was in love with Kat. I might as well be straight. I probably wouldn’t have problems if I were.”

I didn’t reply. I tried to hate Harry, but I knew that was impossible. He was the first guy I’ve developed feelings for. It shouldn’t be hard to get over him right?

Right.

I can do this.

“Niall?” Zayn walked in, looking slightly stressed.

I lifted my head, ignoring Harry. “Mmhhmm? What’s wrong mate?” I frowned.

“We have a problem.”

“What?” My eyes widened after he explained.

We stood right outside the kitchen door. He’d told me about the visitors outside with Louis. The thought of it didn’t settle well with me.