Chapter 12: Even if You Cannot Hear My Voice

Chapter 12: Even If You Cannot Hear My Voice

(Kenz’s POV)

“Maybe you shouldn’t go.” He looked at me worriedly.

We’d walked out of the dining room, leaving everyone to finish their breakfasts. It was a bit unusual. Harry, Niall and Kat, stayed on different ends of the table. They all ate quietly. On a lighter note, Liam and Katia had decided to announce they were dating. I recalled how I stood and hugged them both, followed by Grace and Kat.

My hands clutched my hips as I raised an eyebrow. “Any why is that?”

Lou sighed. “Well, first of all, I don’t know how long I’ll be out and I don’t want you to get tired. You’ll at least have a bathroom here.” He slung his backpack over his shoulders and made his way to the door.

“Oh no you don’t. I’m coming. If anything happens to you, I should be there.” I grabbed his arm.

 “But Kenz—I’m a big boy I can take care of myself.” He grumbled.

“Like you did last time.” I smirked.

Of course, last time he went out on his own to try to save the day, he didn’t go two steps out of the area without calling for food and water. I had to go with him to make sure he didn’t do anything stupid.

“You’re lucky you’re adorable.” He muttered bitterly. “Fine, you can come, but stay close to me.”

“Whatever you say.” I smiled, pecking him on the cheek before skipping outside.

We’d been walking for nearly two hours. The beach wasn’t in sight anymore, which meant, there was no point in going back. Cold wind blew my hair back, making me shiver. It wasn’t this breezy yesterday. The clouds were gray now. Louis and I exchanged worried looks.

“How far do you think it is?” he asked me, still clutching my hand.

My yes went wide. “You mean you don’t know? Louis!”

“What! I don’t pay attention to these things. I didn’t know we were going to get stranded!”

I sighed heavily. “Let’s just hope we’ve gone more than halfway.”

(Niall’s POV)

Kenz and Louis had just walked out, leaving Liam, Katia, Kat, Harry, Grace and Zayn to finish up.

“Someone turn on the radio please.” Zayn asked, forking bacon into his mouth.

Liam stood, walking over to the small table near the door and pulled the antenna up, trying to get a signal.

He started going through the different stations, giving us only parts of each channel.

I listened quietly.

Alright! Good morning! Today on the show we have—” Liam went on, turning the knob. I recognized Nicki Minaj’s Starships, followed by more news and talkshows. “Starships were meant to fly-y-y-y, let’s do thin one more ti—Supposed to be a sunny day—Coldplay’s new—

“Wait! Go back!” Zayn frowned.

Liam nodded, turning the knob, listening to the static voice.

“You heard it here folks, it unfortunately wont be sunny today.” The weather reporter spoke. “Our charts show rain and to the looks of it, it might be pretty hard.”

“Dammit.” Grace muttered. “I would have liked to head out.”

“Yeah—D’you think Lou and Kenz will be alright? I don’t think they’d brought an umbrella.”