Chapter 3: If You Fall Asleep...Then At Least You're Next To Me.

Hi guys! So here's chapter 3! Hope you like it!

xx Katia

Chapter 3: If You Fall Asleep…Then At Least Your Next To Me.

He gave me a crooked smile. He wore a mint green Jack Wills hoodie. I’d recognized the white ‘JW’ on it from one of the magazines I’d read.

“What are you doing here?” I frowned.

He stood there awkwardly, holding out my black, leather chain bag up for me to see.

“You—you um…left this.”

“And you followed me home? A bit freaky…” I joked.

His cheeks reddened out of embarrassment.

“But thank you.” I added. “Do you want to come in?” Might as well be nice. He did after all return my bag. Everything I needed was in there.

I stepped aside, giving him space to enter.

(Liam’s POV)

I walked into the living area where a pile of clothes and toiletries lay over open duffel bags and suitcases. I’d recognized one of them from the diner. Most of the pieces on top were underwear and bikinis. I averted my eyes, pretending to be interested in the apple green-painted wall instead.

“Oh!” Katia quickly ran over to the middle of the room and started stuffing her belongings back in the bags. “Sorry you had to see that—Kat and I haven’t really gotten settled in yet.”

I glanced at her, seeing her cheeks turn pink. I guessed that Kat was the other girl she was with on the plane, so I nodded in acknowledgement.

“Do you want anything? Coffee? Juice?”

Juice?

I chuckled, suddenly feeling like a little boy visiting his gran. “Um…Do you have any tea?”

She stared at me with a blank face that pretty much said it all. “Tea?”

“Yes, tea, you haven’t heard of it?” I gasped jokingly.

“Of course I know what it is!” Katia grumbled.

I loved doing this to her. Being annoying was something I was always good at.

“I just don’t have any right now.” She admitted.

“Well then, I’d gladly take the juice please.” I said sweetly.

She pulled out a brown box, taking a glass wrapped in foam sheets and a packet of orange juice powder from one of her duffel bags.

“Powder? Really Katia?” I grimaced.

She frowned at me. “Is there a problem with powdered juice?”

“It has that weird taste. I prefer freshly squeezed.”

“Do I look like a maid to you?” Her scowl hadn’t left.

I smirked. “Do you want me to answer that?”

“Oh shut it.” She huffed, walking toward the swing door located behind me.

I happily followed her inside.

She stood on the counter preparing my drink. She was in a mint green sweater over black denim jeans and flats. I studied her dark brown—almost black—hair as it fell messily below her shoulders.

I chuckled.

“What is it?” She frowned at me.

“We match.”