Chapter 11: What I Wanted to Say

Chapter 11: What I Wanted To Say

(Liam’s POV)

“Why can’t you just admit that you like Harry and Kat?” I pressed on.

Niall and I had gotten back and were lounging around. I’d been trying to get him to accept the fact he’d have to come clean sooner or later.

“Well why can’t you admit you fancy Katia?”

I froze. I felt the blood drain from my cheeks. Not one syllable met my lips at that moment.

He knew?

Did that mean the Katia knew? Who’s to say he’s the only one who’s figured it out? I looked down at my lap, wondering what would happen if I actually had the guts to tell her. Would she find it weird and ignore me just like the passed girls I’ve liked?

I recalled the first time she played the guitar for me in her flat. That was the first time I’d noticed she was stunning. Before that, I only wanted to piss her off. I found her…different—Good different. But she didn’t flirt immediately like most girls. I thought that if I got her to like me, I’d be satisfied with myself. I spent too much of my time with Harry.

And now…

I wanted her more than anything.

“Thought so.” He smirked, throwing one of the cushions at me. I immediately was pulled out of my trance. “You couldn’t tell her even if your life depended on it.”

“I could.” I protested.

He threw me my phone that lay on the table. I quickly caught it, looking confused.

“So tell her—And if you do, I’ll tell Harry and Kat.”

I stared at the recipient ID for a good five seconds before reluctantly punching in a few keys, feeling the weight of Niall’s stare.

I waited in silence before receiving a reply:

‘OK’

I’m doing this for Niall.

(Katia’s POV)

“Maybe it’s time to head back. I spent loads today.” Kat admitted, carrying three paper bags.

“Yeah, I’m a bit tired.” I noticed the sky getting darker as we walked along the sand.

“I actually like the idea of having to stay for a while.” Grace spoke in her American accent.

“I know right! We get to work on our tans more!” Kenz announced. In many ways, she was like Louis. Loud, funny, spontaneous—It’s no wonder why they’re together.

My phone buzzed in my pocket. I slipped it out to read the message:

‘MIND COMING HOME? I NEED TO TALK TO YOU. -LI’

I couldn’t count how many times I’d re-read it.

My fingers trembled as I typed in a simple ‘Ok.’

Was he mad at me? Did I leave something in the bathroom accidentally? My head hurt. I could hear the other girls chatting away, but I wasn’t paying attention anymore. My mind buzzed, searching for a possible reason why I needed to go home immediately—

Was it about the kiss?

He was the very first person that’s ever kissed me. It might be unusual considering I’m already 18. Most of my classmates have experienced more than just a simple kiss. Kat and I barely went out because aunt Mon needed us to babysit.  Even Kat, who seemed to catch everyone’s eye on the beach, had never been kissed.