Day 23

...Third person pov...

As the weeks passed by Virgil started to warm up to his dorm mates. Virgil started to help Logan with tests and other research. He helped Patton cook even though he wasn't a very good chef. And bonded with Roman a little over Disney. It was Friday when Patton gathered everyone up for "family night".

//Virgil pov//

Me and Logan started to talk about a novel we had just finished together. I pointed out the pros and cons while Logan was also correcting the parts that was to his disliking. I had made a joke about one of the characters which earned a small laugh from Logan. I fell off the chair I was sitting on when Patton bursted into Logan's room. "Hey there kiddos! Guess what day it is!" Patton exclaimed. "Family night.." me and Logan said in unison. Logan helped me up and we walked into the living room to find Roman turning on a Disney movie. I sat down on the floor leaning against the couch. Logan sat on the couch putting his legs beside me. Patton sat on the floor as well while Roman sat down and propped his legs up on the seat next to him. "Why don't we play truth or dare?" Roman suggested. "Sounds fun!" "Sure whatevs." "That sounds satisfactory." Since everyone agreed we started to play. "I'll go first!" Roman said joyfully. "I'm gonna go get snacks." I said knowing Roman was gonna choose me. I waited until Romans turn was over till I went back to the living room with popcorn. "Hmm ok Virgil! Truth or dare kiddo!" "Um truth." I said hesitantly. "Ok hmmmm what species are you?" I almost choked on my water but then again I guess they would eventually find out. "N-neko." I said smiling nervously. Roman seemed to freeze while Patton was beaming with excitement. "Kiddo if you don't mind can we see your ears?" Patton asked giving me puppy dog eyes. I sighed and flipped my hood off and took my beanie off. Patton was awestruck while I heard a low growl from Roman. My ears went down and Logan seemed to notice. Logan gently pet my head which calmed me down a little. I started to let out a quiet purr and accidentally transformed to my pure cat form. I looked up to see Patton reach out a hand. I walked up to him and let him pick me up. My purring got louder as Patton started to pet me. I heard Roman let out another growl. Patton put me down beside Logan and sat down beside Roman. My gaze shifted to Logan who was reading. I yawned and crawled into Logan's lap and curled into a ball. Logan started to pet me and I let out a loud purr. The last thing I saw was Logan putting his book down.

Time skip~

I woke up on Logan's chest. Logan was laying down on the couch while Roman was sitting on the floor. They were bickering about something but then again when were they not. I yawned and jumped off Logan and onto the floor. "Oh look who decided to wake up!" I heard Roman growl so instead of a verbal answer I gave him a small hiss. I walked over to the kitchen and transformed back to normal. Patton was making breakfast. "Good morning kitty-kiddo!" I nodded in response and poured myself a glass of milk. I walked into the living room to find Roman basically yelling at Logan. "Hey Roman!" "What do you want Virgil?!" Roman said clearly annoyed "Just letting you know that pesky squirrel is outside again." Roman runs for the door. "Well now that prince harming is gone whatcha wanna do?" I ask which Logan gives me a shrug in return.

                  30 minutes later

  I hear a door open and that means sir sing a lot is home. "VIRGIL!!!!!" Roman yells from across the room. I walk to the door and see a soaked Prince Charming. I grab my phone from my pocket and take a pic then burst out laughing which grabs the attention of Logan. "Roman May I ask how you got in this situation?" Logan asks "Well I searched all over the courtyard and once I found it, the squirrel was on a tree branch that was hanging over the pond, so since I'm so brave I climbed up the tree to find the squirrel was already dead! And I swear that tree was cursed cause it snapped and sent me into the pond!" Roman started to dramatically telling his story. "Oh no! A cursed branch so scary!" I said sarcastically. Roman growled and started to shake the water of of his fur. I hissed and stood behind Logan to block the pond water. "Roman I think you might have gotten your facts wrong. Virgil killed that squirrel days ago." Logan said while pushing up his glasses. "What! I tried to kill that fiend so many times!" "Well instead of chasing it barking, I waited until I had my chance to strike." I said while making my way to the couch. I turned into my cat form and jumped onto the back of the chair. Logan sat down and opened a new book. I quietly  made my way over to him and crawled onto his shoulders. Logan started to pet me while reading out loud quietly.

               +=Logan pov=+

After telling Roman to go wash up I made my way to the couch. Virgil was already in his cat form sitting on the back of the couch. I sat down and grabbed an old novel I found in the Library. It was about a different magic that I knew that we didn't do in our grade or any grade at all. While we were learning about elemental magic these spells seemed to be cursed or gifts. Virgil crawled onto on my shoulders and flicked his ears towards the book. I started to pet him while reading out loud quietly. After a minute or two Virgil fell asleep so I put my novel down. I gently grabbed him off my shoulders and set him down on the couch. I'll just practice then. I flipped through the book to find a spell. "Counter fire. This spell allows the user to backfire any elemental attack or curse."

           //Virgil pov//

I yawned and stretched. Logan must've went back to his room. I was about to jump off the couch when I saw Logan left his book on the coffee table. I jumped onto the coffee table and flipped through some pages. That's when something caught my eye. On one of the pages all the writing on the page was something only pure bread nekos could understand. "Charm and scare. This ability can only be used by high level nekos. Charm and scare will allow the user to either scare away an enemy or trick them." Well only one way to find out if this works.