~3 ♡ Valuable

Leafy's POV ~

The school day had ended, and I began to walk out of school and wait for the bus. I suddenly heard an notification on my phone as I got at the bus stop.

I took it out, and gazed at it, it was an text message from Firey.

Firey: hey Leafy wanna hang over at my house tonight?

Leafy: yea sure!

Firey: see you in a hour?

Leafy: okay

I took away my phone, as the bus stopped and I got off. I began to walk home, soon opening the door with my keys and entering my apartment. I quickly changed before walking over to Firey's house.

He had an rather nice 2-story home. He had lived with his older brother, Flame. Although, Flame had moved away and now Firey owns the house for himself. I waited out at the porch, happily holding my bookbag.

Firey opened the door, happy to see me. "Hey, Leafy."

"Hi Firey! I'm glad you invited me." I chirped cheerfully, hoping I could be let in. Firey took an step to the side, as I walked inside. The door closed shut, as he smiled. "I'm glad you can come."

"No problem! I wasn't busy anyways."

"Oh really?"

I was rather confused over Firey's comment. He was crossing his arms, like he was hurt. I took my hand out, and was nervous to attempt to touch him. The yoyleberry's effect had worn out. "A-Are you hurt?"

"No, no... It's just.. I'm sorry."

"Huh? For what?" I was even more in an confused state. I wanted to hug him, to forgive him. It was odd, and I was in an frantic mood.

"For ignoring you.. I was forced to."

"W-Wait really?! By who?" I was flabbergasted. I was happy to get an explanation, but it was a lot more overwhelming than I originally thought it could be.

"You know who they are.. Pencil and Match, unfortunately."

"Oh dear.. I'm just glad you're able to speak to me again after all this time!" I decided to hug him, even if it burned me. Oh god, he was hot.. I felt my skin burn up, as I backed away and chuckled. "Ow-! Haha..." Firey chuckled.

"You know well that you shouldn't do that."

"I know, won't do again!"

All I am is happy to see Firey and speak to him like a friend after all this time. I hope this never changes..

Firey's POV ~

Not to be someone weird, but she is really cute. I sat by her, who was sitting on the couch. "So, why did you invite me here anyways?" Leafy asked, cheerfully.

"Well.. I've just wanted to hang, maybe help with homework?" I wanted to just spend some time with her, and just get to know her a bit more. Leafy was such an bright person, I can't honestly let anyone steal her.

Not even the most popular kid in the damn school.

I calmly rested my hand on hers, and I smiled as she began to turn a little pink. "You okay?"

"Y-Yeah! I'm fine. Don't worry! Anyways, Loser texted me. I gotta go, sorry!" She got up, and waved as she left. I was rather angry to see she preferred him over me, but I have plans.

I will make her change her mind, after all. She is my valuable lemon-leaf.