23

jjk.

Jeongguk reluctantly closed the door behind him and let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding. Of all times, he was thankful that there was not a single soul around, as other times he usually craved another person's presence.

His ears caught the distant rumble of an upcoming thunderstorm; elating the male. The sweet sound of rain drumming against the windows brought insanely great pleasure to his heart, as Jeongguk appeared to find the sound of rain rather soothing. The feeling's even better when standing on a building's rooftop late at night; eyes droopy whilst admiring the weather bash itself into the body..

With a harsh slap to his face, Jeongguk forced his brain to focus on the mission and worry about his thoughts later. Mission, mission, mission.

"Y'alright there Gguk? Heard a loud slap 'n it worried me.." Jeongguk heard Yoongi's voice buzz through the earpiece.

"Yeah, sorry. My hand slipped." At this point, Jeongguk was sure that he was able to hear Yoongi's eye roll through the earpiece.

Jeongguk let himself take in the view of the setting and quite frankly, it wasn't anything special. The interior of the room seemed just as traditional as any other room in the palace - a king-sized bed positioned snugly in the corner of the room, accompanied by bed curtains that stretched along the top of the railing in parallel lines.

A couple of dressers and drawers neighboured the bed here and there, though there was nothing else that stood out much. Like any other simple-minded person, Jeongguk walked over to the drawers and forced them open; closing his eyes in fear when he anticipated some sort of alarm to go off immediately.

"Huh.. perhaps they turned off the alarms since Taehyung must've needed to use the drawers?"

Straight afterwards, Jeongguk shoved his gloved hand inside the drawers that were filled with clothes to the brim, and he rummaged around; leaving behind the greatest mess already. His hand snuck into every corner he saw, then ran the hand through the middle. At first, he didn't see a single thing.

After repeatedly stashing all objects he saw into one pointless pile, he spotted a slight scratch behind a cabinet that slept snugly next to other useless things. Jeongguk placed his body next to the cabinet and started pushing it aside with all his might and fortunately (mainly due to his slightly developed strength), he was able to finally push it out of his way.

"Let's see what we've got here.." Jeongguk muttered under his breath whilst crouching down to inspect a wall in the hall. His hands reached into the hole and he took out a safe that had a knife resting on top of it.

But it wasn't any ordinary knife - it was the same knife which had his and Taehyung's initials carved into it, (from the one training session where Jeongguk remembers that his feelings blossomed for the older guy). He gently ran his thumb across the wood; admiring the bumps along the way, before safely stashing it away into his pocket.

Jeongguk assumed that Taehyung left it there for him to find, then he focused his attention back onto the safe.

A safe.

Jeongguk took a deep breath and brought the safe closer to him, trying to remember how exactly a safe works. He could either try to solve the pin, or he could throw the safe around the room until it cracked open. Jeongguk settled down for the first idea at first, then he went into big-Jeongguk-focus mode.

Placing his fingers on the safe's combination lock, Jeongguk begun using a trick that he learned a while back. He turned the lock four times to the left, noting every time he passed the number 'twenty'. Once he passed the fourth turn, Jeongguk begun turning the lock into a clockwise rotation, finishing on the third turn. He landed on a fifty-three this time, slowly memorizing the numbers one by one. His fingers then skillfully turned the lock into the opposite direction yet again and once he could hear the screws unbolting, Jeongguk was sure that he was gradually reaching his goal. After turning it twice to the left, he finished it off with a rotation to the right.