04

kth.

Five.

Taehyung picks up the sixth pile of books, carrying them back into the storage room for the sixth time. Each pile weighs at least five tonnes, honestly..

Four.

Taehyung wonders back over to the counter and his fingers wrap around the last pile of books that his manager told him to carry into the back. The room was already bombarded with unused, unsold books - it was practically a library back there..

Three.

With a last huff, Taehyung put the stash of books messily into a shelf, unbothered to keep the place tidy. It's not his store, so why should he keep it tidy when he's only responsible for the front of the store?

Two.

Taehyung wiped the excess dust off his hands and onto the back of his jeans, not desiring to have any unnecessary germs to live on his palms.

One.

Taehyung watched people wander out of the bookstore, pleased smiles resting on their faces as they clutch the books they've eyed for weeks - finally glad to have bought after waiting for their release.

Zero.

"Taehyung! Your shift is over, go home buddy. Gotta rest up if we want to watch the royal family appear on T.V. tomorrow, right?" Taehyung heard his co-worker, Jongsuk, appear from behind him. Taehyung gave Jongsuk his famous smile, showing off the pearls that he had grown accustomed to love.

"Sure, Jongsuk. make sure you rest up as well!" Taehyung replied. It was a partial lie - he wasn't going to rest up, especially not since he was going to meet up with Jeongguk.

Taehyung approached his car in the parking lot, excited to see what type of thrill he's in for today. He had been waiting quite a while to meet Jeongguk - his new friend. Not only that, but he also wanted to meet his new friends - especially Seokjin.

After turning his car on, Taehyung drove over to the arranged meeting spot. His eyes kept glancing around the setting, noticing how numerous faces would occasionally look at Taehyung, yet he ignored them as none of those faces resembled the one he was looking for.

Why was taehyung so eager to meet Jeongguk? that's because his sixth sense is tingling in action - he senses some fun coming his way.

Taehyung opened up a compartment and took out a bandana that had remained untouched for a while. His fingers grazed over the fabric that wanted to creep up his fingers, encouraging taehyung to put it on.

And he did. After placing the bandana on his head, he further pushed back his recently washed hair, then looked into a mirror - admiring himself. A content smile appeared on his face and he pushed his eyebrows together, tilting his face into numerous directions to find the best angle possible for his jawline.

He was soon drawn out of his dreamworld as he heard a few soft knocks on his window, so he turned his head to find Jeongguk already opening the door and sitting down onto the leather seat. The boy had his hands occupied with Kitkat bars and a paint palette, weird combination.

"Hey, what's that for?" taehyung asked, eyeing the paint palette that seemed eager to be used - it was completely new and unused, after all.

Jeongguk looked down at his new possessions and smiled before looking back at Taehyung with a visible glint in his eyes, clearly showing his excitement to use the palette. "I told you, I have a passion for painting, didn't I? I was sort of planning to paint something later on but didn't actually have the materials to do it.."