Chapter 35: Sinister Six

Start from the beginning

He reappeared outside of the bulb and bowed. "Not particularly flashy, I know, but think of the implications. Most cars are electric, or have electronics inside them now.

And I can also download the data from any smart devices I transport myself into. I tried going to the internet a few times, but the bombardment of information coming at me is far too much for my fragile mind.

I discovered all of this over the course of several years of training. You only recently discovered your quirk, Kaiyo. Kyogane used his quirk for construction work half his life. And Haru here, although he has had some training, can still improve a bit."

Kaiyo twiddled her thumbs together, showing off her lack of fingertips, the very ends of all her fingers being stumps of half healed flesh.

"My quirk is self-destructive... I can't regenerate my skin, so when I burst bones out of my skin, it not only hurts, but because I've done it a few times, I don't have fingertips any more..."

Kazukei winced a little, putting a hand on her shoulder, "Then we're going to find a way to stop that happening. Let's go over what exactly is the science behind your quirk.

Your quirk is an evolved version of your father's." He started, before Kaiyo cut him off.

"Don't liken me to my father." She said coldly.

He gulped, "Sorry. Your quirk is an evolved version of... A certain relative's... You are able to remove the collagen from your bones and condense the hydroxyapatite crystals in them.

That makes them five times stronger than regular bones, and your, uh, other relative's quirk, has merged into yours as well, which is what gives you full control over them.

The two quirks merged into one is what allows you to steal skeletons and absorb them into your own without you ever growing. So no matter what anyone says, you're not fat, you're just big boned."

"You're not funny." She said, still annoyed over her family being referenced.

He cleared his throat awkwardly, a little uneasy around her. "Anyway. Say you were able to just... Have one bone sticking out of you at all times. You could stem all your bones outwards from that one. Like how a tree grows. It has a trunk, which branches off into many smaller pieces."

She thought for a moment before nodding and stepping back. "That works. I want to strike fear into all who I meet too, this would be a good appearance to have."

"What would?" Haru asked.

Her body started moving, her chest visibly caving inwards as she groaned. She whimpered in pain as the others looked on, worried.

Her shirt suddenly had white spikes coming from the sides of it, twelve on each side. She continued crying out in pain as the spike grew and curved around in front of her body.

They widened a little, becoming a little more imposing. After she was finished, it was basically an outer rib cage that protected the front of her body.

To test out Kazukei's theory, she started branching out hundreds of thin bones from every angle of her ribcage, before retracting them back inside.

"That... Certainly is a striking appearance, young lady." Kyogane commented.

"Does it hurt?" Kazukei asked.

"It... It did... But it's fine now. Can we train together?" She asked.

Their eyebrows shot up all in unison, with Haru asking, "You want to fight? Like, right now?"

"Yes. I want to get a feel for my quirk. I'm still new to it all. It wouldn't be very good if we went to fight a group of pro heroes and have me completely useless, right?"