chapter 54-Liquor lips & blue bombshell

Start from the beginning

So while the other two men read over a script, Tyler and I settled back with glasses of wine and gossiped about anything and everything we could possibly think of. And it turned out that, even if there wasn't a jacuzzi, the real world wouldn't be so bad. 

*   *   *   * 

Mornings were awful. Mornings were up there in my Top Five Most Hated Things Ever, residing at a steady number. Number one was a tie between cold coffee and the smell of bug spray. But number two, mornings, were like a personal little hell.  Except when shawn's alarm rang out Marimba through the room at an early hour, mornings seemed like they might be getting a little better. Because Shawn was curled up right beside me, sleepy and slow, cheek imprinted from the pillow and hair matted down on one side. Mornings dropped down to the number three spot. 

He kept his eyes pinched shut and tapped the screen of his phone until it somehow stopped, then pressed his cold nose against my collarbone and whined softly. His free hand pushed at the base of my spine and brought me closer, until we were pressed flush against one another.  Mornings fell below Kidz Bop and now resided at number four on Top Five Most Hated Things Ever list. And then — there was no way he didn't know what he was doing — Shawn peeked open one of his green eyes and gave a slow, soft smile. 

"Good morning, babe," He murmured. And mornings were no longer even in the Top Ten Most Hated Things Ever List, for that matter.  I brushed a loose curl out of his face.

"Your hair is getting long."  Shawn pouted out his lower lip.

"Mean." 

"Nuh-uh," I sighed, twirling a strand. "I like it. It's nice long. You look cute." 

"I am not cute, Norah." 

"That, Mr. Mendes, is where you are completely wrong."  He frowned again, nipping at my jawline before rolling out of bed, naked except a clingy pair of boxers and the littering of tattoos  over his skin, and stretched his arms above his head with a soft yawn.

Mornings dropped out of the Top 20 Worst Things.  After we both dressed (also known as, Shawn grumbled as I picked out my favorite suit of his and demanded that he wear it, while he scowled and commanded me to change out of a blouse with a low neckline), Shawn went downstairs to start his day.  I did my makeup quickly before following him down, carrying my black heels in one hand and my gifted Louis Vuitton bag in another.

Before even entering, I could hear some commotion in the kitchen, and the sight that greeted me was one of the best things I'd seen in a while.  Breakfast was already set on the table, toast and bacon and eggs. A cup of tea was set by one place and a cup of creamy coffee complimented the other. And to top it off, Ms. Jennifer was swatting shawn's feet off the table while he tried to stifle his giggles away from his speaker of his cell phone.  And just like that, mornings were suddenly placed in my Top Five Most Favourite Things Ever List. 

*   *   *   * 

Tyler was already bent over the grand charcoal table in the middle of our office, lower lip tugged into his mouth as he stared at the piles of paper on top of it. He didn't even flinch as I burst in; the only acknowledgment was that he pointed to a stack of papers on the opposite side. 

"Wow," I said cheerily, "and good morning to you, my love!"  He shot me an annoyed glare.

"Victoria wants to kill us, I think." 

"And whats new about that?"  The sound of his hand smacking against the table made me jump. A flurry of papers went up with the impact and scattered onto the floor, which only made Tyler apparently even more distressed, seeing as he collapsed back into one of the spinny chairs with a whine.  I immediately placed my coffee mug on the table and went to stand behind him and massage his shoulders.