Chapter 27 - Sushi sessions & after all

After the words fell out of his mouth around 9 at night, he grabbed my hand and pulled me back into the crowd of people at the wedding, ignoring my protests and further questions with a warning shake of his head. The night passed along with more drinks and dancing and meeting new friends whose names I wouldn't remember in the morning.

  Around 5 in the morning, hours after we had left the venue to go hang out with Aaliyah and the others, Shawn and I stumbled into his parents home and half-crawled, half-walked up the stairs while laughing the entire time. We collapsed on his bed, tugged off the clothes from the wedding, and passed out as soon as our heads hit the pillows

.  Then, at 6 in the morning, Shawn's alarm went off. I screamed into the pillow and fell out of the bed, still drunk, as I attempted to shut the thing off. Shawn sat up with a confused look on his face to find me jumping around half naked and attempting to find the phone.

  "Norah, turn it off," He snapped. 

 "What the fuck do you think I'm trying to do?!" 

 He fell back onto the bed and rubbed the heels of his hands in his wood colored eyes in a attempt to wake up, letting out a sleepy yawn that was absolutely adorable. "Left pocket of my suit from last night." 

 I tugged out the phone and stopped the alarm before collapsing back on the bed beside him with an annoyed whine. His strong arms wrapped around my waist as he turned to face me, making me into the little spoon and planting kisses on my shoulders as his bare chest pressed to my back.  

"We've got to get up," He mumbled. 

 "What? Why?"  

"Our flight leaves in an hour, Norah."  

"Change the time, yeah?" I groaned as I nuzzled further back into him. He let out a soft sigh that obviously meant there was no way he was going to listen to my begging. 

"Please?" 

 "I can't. I have a meeting." 

 And so, at 6:15 in the morning, running off of one hour of sleep, Shawn and I left Pickering  after kissing his sister goodbye and making her promise to visit. I was barely standing by the time we made it to the airport, only Shawn's arms wrapped securely around my waist and the soft kisses pressed to my forehead kept me going.  The entire plane ride was spent catching up on much needed sleep. I slept on one of the small leather couches while Shawn stretched out on a reclining chair next to me. 

The only time we were woken up was for food, which I declined with a soft groan after vomit threatened to rise in my throat.  The next time we were woken was when the plane landed, the slow descent visible through the small windows of the black jet. We left the plane hand in hand with our duffel bags thrown over our shoulders in prime examples of being hungover. Or, at least I was. Shawn somehow managed to avoid looking bad. As usual. 

 "What time is it here?" I asked as we stepped into the airport.

  Shawn glanced down at his watch. "5 in the afternoon. Andrew and I will take you home." 

 "NORAH!"

 My head turned away from the beautiful man beside me to see my best friend standing 20 feet away, one hand on his hip and  a wide grin on his pretty face, the usual bow tie on his neck with a dark cardigan to complete the look. I took off into a clumsy sprint towards Tyler and jumped on him, the entire time hoping he could actually catch me.  He giggled as he stumbled slightly under my weight, but somehow managed to catch me as I squealed into his neck and planted sloppy kisses all over his face. 

My best friend smelled like home and comfort, the two things that I needed most in this world right now. Finally, my weight became too much for his scrawny body to bear and he dropped me down to the ground with a proud smile.