Chapter 7 - Swift speeds & rude gestures

"You're acting like a child!"  Tyler screeched from the other side of the door.

  I scowled as I leaned back against the bathtub, knees tucked into my chest. "I don't care!" I yelled back. "You can't make me go!"  

"Why wouldn't you go?! You've been drooling over him for the past two weeks"  

"He's scary," I whined, burying my face in my knees. "And he's mean half the time."

Tyler let out a groan. "Will you just unlock the door?"  

I sighed and crawled across our small bathroom and flipped the lock. He let himself in immediately and sat down on the cool bathrooms tiles across from me with an amused smirk that he was trying to hide playing at the corner of his thin lips. 

 "You're going." 

 "Am not." 

 "Are too."  

"No."

  "Yes."

  "I'll cook you dinner every night for the next week, paint your toenails, pay for the groceries this week, and let you pick the movie for wine Wednesday," He tried. I glared at him. "And I'll be totally pissed if you don't go because I know you're attracted to him and he's hot and rich so like, why wouldn't you?" 

 "Why do you want me to go so bad?" I questioned. 

 "I want the juicy details, duh. And I would not mind seeing him half naked in the morning."  "I'm not going to sleep with him, Tyler !" I squealed, throwing the closet thing I could find, which happened to be a tampon. 

 "Oh my god ew ew ew!" He shouted, jumping up and running out of the bathroom. I collapsed into a fit of laughter at his squeamishness. When he peeked his head around the corner a few minutes later, I was still laughing. "Is it safe?"

  "Tyler, it's just a tampon. Like not even used," I giggled bye scowled at me. 

 "Still gross. You're going on this date and that's final. It's already six, oh my god. You only have an hour to get ready, Norah, come on!" he huffed, giving a dramatic stomp at the end. We stared at each other, locked in a stalemate. 

 "Fuck it," I groaned, standing up. Tyler squealed in excitement and grabbed my hand, dragging me out of the bathroom and into my bedroom to pick an outfit. I didn't want to go almost as much as I did want to. It didn't make sense. 

 He picked out an outfit expertly, and I knew it was perfect before I even tried it on. I did my makeup quickly and straightened my hair before pulling on the cream dress. When I checked the clock again, it was 6:56. 

 "Shit shit shit!" I squealed, running down the short hallway to the kitchen and stumbling to pull on my heels. I tripped into the kitchen and gave up, sitting on the ground and leaning against the counter top to pull them on. "Tyler, it is 6:56 and there is no way Mendes is going to be late. In fact, he'll probably be early because he is such a perfect mother fucker. Will you come check my teeth for lipstick?"

  I finished and stood up with a huff, digging through my bag to try and find a compact mirror. And then it hit me. The scent of coconut shampoo and delicious cologne. I raised my eyes slowly, secretly hoping that I was imagining it.

 Shawn Mendes was leaning against the counter, arms crosses with an amused smirk on his face. Tyler  looked like he was about to have a fit beside him, desperately trying and failing to hold in his giggles.  "Language, Norah. But you were right, I am early," He scolded, his raspy voice carrying across he small kitchen and sending chills down my spine.