Chapter 4 - Sweaty palms & Intense interviews

Friday came much too quickly. I laid in my bed, staring up at the blank ceiling and trying to think of an excuse to get out of the interview. Tyler waltzed into my room at eight in the morning, smiling brightly and brandishing a plate of eggs and toast in one hand and coffee in the other.

"Morning, sunshine!" He cheered. I stared at him blankly.

"I brought you a power breakfast! I'll pick out your outfit while your eating, and then we need to get to work."

"I can't. I'm sick," I said lamely.He turned away from my closet and glared at me, hands on hips.

"Start eating you little bitch. You're stressing me out by looking like that. It's only one hour. One hour. You can do it."

"You don't understand-"

"No, I don't care. Now eat."

"You're the worst," I grumbled, sitting up and grabbing the plate. He sent me a wink and turned back to me closet.

I shoved eggs in mouth angrily and gulped my coffee. As Tyler,held up a printed red skirt with a striped black and white top. I nodded happily at his choice as he laid it on the bed.

"Now shower," he commanded.

I complied reluctantly, taking a quick shower and then blow drying my hair. I dressed quickly, the outfit looking even better on, before applying makeup. I walked out of my room 30 minutes later. Tyler was waiting impatiently by the door in his favorite suit that he wore when trying to make an impression, out second cups of coffee in to-go mugs.

We walked to work quickly from our apartment. It was nine o'clock, meaning I had two hours to prepare until Mendes arrived.I scrambled about, cleaning up my office and preparing the questions.

By ten forty-five, I was tapping my feet anxiously and adjusting my makeup as my heart pounded in my chest. Tyler walked in and grabbed my face, planting wet kisses on either side side of my cheeks."You're going to be perfect. And I'll be right here," he said in a calming voice.

I nodded and twisted my hands, noticing my palms were starting to sweat. I adjusted the high ponytail on my head one last time as Alice burst into my office, the words I was dreading to hear falling from her mouth."Mr. Mendes is here for his interview."

"Send him in," I replied. I heard my own voice shaking.

Tyler reached for my hand and gave it a light squeeze. Then the door opened, and there was Shawn Mendes .His curly hair was a mess of curly layers pushed towards the right side of his head. He wore the same cold expression as he had the first time we had met. His suit was perfectly pressed and perfectly fitted. It was a shade of light blue, a shade I would normally tell no one to wear but he somehow made it look powerful and sexy.Tyler and I both jumped up to greet him. I stuck out my hand.

"Mr. Mendes, thank you for agreeing to this," I said immediately. He glanced at my outstretched hand before looking back up at my eyes and stuffing his hands in his pockets. I withdrew my hand awkwardly.

"Uhm, please sit. This is my associate Tyler." Tyler looked star struck.

"Mr. Mendes, so great to meet you. I've heard about your amazing work," He complimented

"Thank you," he responded gruffly before turning back to me.

"Start the interview now."

"Oh, uhm. Right. Of course." I stuttered. He raised an eyebrow before leaning back in the chair, folding his hands in his lap and a glaring at me.

"So, you dropped out of college in your senior year, 4 months away from graduation. Why did you make that decision? Do you think it has helped or hurt you?"