Chapter 24 -Flirtatious flight & opening up

I woke up a few hours later with a blanket spread over me, a pillow tucked under my head, and Shawn Mendes no longer beside me. I sat up with a reluctant groan and glanced around the cabin of the jet to find him crouched over the files with a pen stuck between his lips.  

"Hey," I managed softly, voice hoarse from just waking up. He barely glanced up from the papers in his hands.  

"Did you sleep well?"  

"Yeah. Are you working again?"

  "Yes," He huffed, finally glancing over to me. "Now are you going to continue to bother me or do you have something better to do?My face drew into a scowl as I stood up and stretched my arms over my head. 

"Where's the bathroom?" 

 "Out the door on your right."  I rolled my eyes at his cold tone and wandered out of the cabin, pushing open the door to the small airplane bathroom that was still somehow larger than my bathroom at home. It was even decorated nicely. I rinsed my face in an attempt to fully wake up before exiting.  

When I went back into the lavish cabin, Shawn' had one hand in his hair tugging on the ends, and the other tapping the pen quickly against the pages. A deep frown was pulled over his pretty face, the stress lines already back. 

"Shawn?" I called softly.

  He kept his eyes glued to the pages and began twirling the pen in his fingers, not losing concentration at all. "Hm?" 

 "I thought you were going to relax." 

 "I did. And now I am working, Norah," He replied coldly. 

I cautiously walked towards him until I was standing behind his seat, and then I let my hands rest gently on his shoulders. At first he flinched to my touch, but when I began rubbing my thumbs in slow circles, his shoulders relaxed. "Don't distract me." 

 "Come on, let's hang out," I said sweetly. 

I mustered up all the confidence I had gotten from being in control of him and having him moan under my touch, and leaned forward to rest my chin on his shoulder and pressing our cheeks together.  His face was soft against mine, the little hairs on his chin that he missed scratching me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and glanced down on the papers. They were filled with numbers and big words I didn't understand except for the ones with huge dollar signs.  

"That looks lame." 

 "Norah, I don't have time for this." 

 I chewed on my lip in concentration. "If you hang out with me now, I won't bother you on the way home."  

Shawn burst out laughing and tossed the papers onto the ground before turning around to face me. The boyish grin that reminded me of how young he really was lit up his face, making him more beautiful than ever. 

"You've got a deal, Norah. What is your idea of hanging out?"  

"You know," I mused, stepping around the chair and falling into his lap. "I wasn't really expecting you to agree."  

"Oh really?"  

"Really." I grinned.

  He rolled his eyes and stood up, causing me to yelp in surprise at the sudden movement, but kept his hands firmly under my back as he carried me. When he got to the couch, he tossed me down playfully before falling on top of me with a wicked smirk. 

 "Norah, Norah, Norah," He cooed, face inches from mine. My breathing hitched in my throat as one of his hands trailed up my arm and over my shoulder, finally stopping right below my jawline. "You always underestimate me. Why is that?"