Chapter 49 - Mental mode & monday mornings

Norah's POV

Sunday mornings were supposed to be quiet and soothing and have the sun shining through the fucking window or something. Instead, it was snowing outside, there were pots clanging in my kitchen, and I had actually been crying in my sleep. So, that was that. I ended up crawling out of bed and into the kitchen a few minutes later, only to find Russo attempting to cook while Tyler sat on the counter and watched in obvious amusement. His blue eyes flickered to me slightly as I entered before returning to his boyfriend.

"So I was looking at your google search history," He said casually.

I froze in my tracks. "What."

"Well, really, I was using your laptop to look something up and your google search history was just kind of there."

"Tyler ." He tugged his knees up to his chest. "Shawn Mendes . Mendes Enterprises. Top trends of fall. How endangered are bald eagles. Why does --"

"You're kidding."

"How to get over your ex boyfriend was the most recent. Anything you would like to tell me?"

"I'd like to tell you to go fuck yourself," I quipped, slumping back against the door frame. "And maybe I broke up with Shawn . Or, I sort of told him to either stay or that it was over. After I told him to leave. I was in a very emotional state and it was all very confusing.."

Both the boys were strangely silent on the subject. I wasn't really sure what to do with them both looking at me as if I were supposed to keep talking, so I made my way over to the coffee machine and began brewing a pot under their curious gazes. The breakfast blend began to pour out of the machine, filling the room with the refreshing aroma, and the boys still hadn't said a word. Which, considering they were the two most talkative people I know (I wasn't sure how they got along so well, really) was very strange and slightly terrifying.

"So," I said slowly, grabbing a mug out of the cabinet, "are we going shopping today, or..?" There was a slight pause.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I glanced over my shoulder at the two boys.

"Yes?" "

"Is there anything you need to do?" Tyler asked.

"Not that I can think of..." This time it was Russo .

"Tyler , are you not going to say it? I feel like you should say it." A pause and a glare. "Fine, whatever. Norah, why the fuck aren't you in mental breakdown mode right now? Christ, I mean, you punched a cabinet after you told him you loved him. And now you're not saying anything?" I turned around with my eyes narrowed onto the boys.

"Shawn and I are different. He can't be there for me, and I can't deal with that. I'm obviously very fucking needy and I drink way too much coffee and we're different. I'm not sure what else to say about the subject besides he told me he was coming and he didn't. So there."

"Jesus Christ," Tyler breathed, shaking his head slowly. "I am so glad I'm gay."

My lips pursed into a straight line. "Your stitches are showing, asshole."

* * * *

Really, I wasn't sure what to do about the whole breakup thing. It didn't seem real. Yelling at Shawn in the middle of the hospital hallway and watching Tyler gush blood and crying on Ian's shoulder and hugging Russo and listening to my mother rant about chickens just seemed like one big, very weird nightmare. I was emotionally exhausted by that point. Cosmo's 'Ten Ways To Get Over An Ex' told me that I was supposed to be sad for a little while and then bitch about it, but the thing was, I wasn't sad.