Chapter 34 - Hockey fun & fixing sleeves

I wasn't really sure what I expected Shawn to wear to the Hockey game on Sunday; maybe a nice suit with a little Maple leafs pin or a white button down with a royal blue tie. I had just assumed that he would be dressed up nicely for the game.  So when he let himself into my apartment at 10 in the morning wearing a grey hoodie with a Toronto maple leafs jersey pulled over top and , dark skinny jeans that were sinfully tight, and those worn-down Chelsea boots peeking out from the hem, I almost fainted.

He looked like a real person going to a hockey game. And the fact that he had Tom Ford sunglasses pushed up on his head, hiding behind those chocolate curls, made the entire outfit more appealing. By the time he reached where I stood, I was about to  forget the game completely and drag him into my room.

  "Norah," He drawled, my name dripping off his tongue into my ears like honey into tea.

"Are Tyler and Russo ready? It's a bit of a drive to the stadium."  I stared back at him, still completely shocked. And the fact that his formal tone contradicted the way he was dressed just threw me off even more. My fingers began playing with the hem of my blue shirt before I dropped my eyes to the ground.  His arms were around me in a second, pulling me into his chest and squeezing ever so slightly around my waist. I melted into his warm grasp as I realized that he was, in fact, a real person and not some beautiful stranger who had wandered into my house.

  "Norah?" He repeated. "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah. I'm good," I mumbled into his chest as I tried not to become lightheaded from his heavenly scent. "Tyler and Russo are almost ready." 

"They take longer than you to get ready?"

  I crinkled my nose in amusement as we finally pulled apart. "Does that really surprise you?" 

"No."  He let out a deep chuckle and leaned back against he kitchen counter, casually pulling me back into him. My hands fluttered up his chest, resting right over the Toronto maple leafs logo, before I relaxed into him with a fluttering heart.  "There is a jersey for you in the car." Shawn stated

"Oh. Thank you." My heart fluttered as I looked up at him

"No problem. Are you excited?" He questioned with a cheeky grin. 

"Yeah, a lot. We've been freaking out about it like, all morning. Are you?"

  "Good. And yes, Norah. I'm very excited," He murmured.

His brown eyes were lit up brightly in anticipation; I could practically feel the anxiousness to get into the stadium radiating off of him. This entire morning, so far at least, he's had that boyish charm hanging off of him and melting my heart.  We talked about who was supposed to win, and where the seats were, and who each other's favorite players were while we waited. By the time Tyler and Russo scuffled in a few minutes later clad in Blue and White, we were onto debating on who was the better power forward.  "Tyler!" I huffed as I turned around to greet my roommate.

"Will you please tell Shawn that Tavares is a better forward?"  He raised a perfectly plucked eyebrow and gave a small shrug.

"These past three games Marner's has done great. So I don't know if I can back you up that one, Norah." 

Shawn grinned triumphantly as he finally picked himself up off the counter. "Told you. Is everyone ready?" 

He was greeted by a chorus of 'yes!', and then we're following him out the door and down the stairs. We were an awkward, rag tag group of people who couldn't have looked more mismatched even if we had tried. 

There was Shawn leading us to his car with his even gaze and confident strides, with me, the girl who was trying not to trip over her feet and had frizzy hair, holding his hand tightly a few steps behind him. Tyler was next to me, giggling into my ear about something, with his striped bow tie and quiffed hair. Lastly, there was Russo, whose arms was around Tyler's waist and tattoos were peeking out of his collarbones.