Enjolras x Reader: Everything Has Changed

Before we get into it, I wanted to post a warning. When I accepted this request, I wasn't sure if it would be triggering or not. This is because, although the character death is canon, the reader is the daughter of said character. So just to be safe, there is a trigger warning for paternal death. If this makes anyone uncomfortable, please, please, PLEASE let me know and I will remove it; as it says in my rules, this is a place meant for fun and I don't want anyone to be uncomfortable.

"General LaMarque is dead." Gavroche said to the silent café.

Your world dropped out from under your feet

General LaMarque is dead.

Your father.

He was gone.

Enjolras said something to Gavroche, but you didn't hear it.

The room sprung to life around you, but you didn't feel it.

You barely felt the arm around your shoulder, leading you to the back room. Enjolras guided you to a small cot in the corner, and you obediently sat down.

Enjolras kneeled in front of you, clutching your hands in his. "What do you need from me?" He asked softly.

You didn't answer and continued to stare at the floor, focusing on holding yourself together. "Hey. Y/N." One of his hands shifted to your shoulder and the other tilted your chin up so you met his gaze. "What do you need, Y/N?" You stared him, his eyes so, so full of sympathy and love.

"I don't know." You finally whispered. Then it all came out at once. "I don't know what to do." You sobbed. Enjolras sprang into action. He pulled you into his lap, wrapping his arms around and you and rocking you back and forth.

You didn't know what tomorrow would bring, but one thing was for certain.

Everything had changed.