Bahorel x Reader: Self-Defense

"Hey, Y/N—Oh my God, what happened to you?!" Courfeyrac exclaimed as you walked into the café.

"It's nothing," You mumbled as you wiped blood from your nose. Joly ushered you into a chair and grabbed a rag.

"What happened this time?"

"Soldiers roughing up an urchin," You said simply. Joly sighed in exasperation.

"Y/N..."

"What was I supposed to do?" You defended yourself. "All she did was ask for some food!" Joly looked like he was about to scold you, but he was interrupted.

"What happened?!" Bahorel exclaimed as he ran over to you.

"Little Miss Firecracker here got into another fight." Joly didn't look up as he finished patching up your nose. Without another word, he got up and left. Bahorel immediately took his spot and sat down across from you.

"You've got to stop picking fights." He said simply. You scoffed.

"You're not my father," You retorted. "And you weren't there." Bahorel was silent for a moment. Then he stood up.

"Meet me out back." He said simply. You raised an eyebrow, but followed anyway. When you got about back, Bahorel was nowhere to be found.

"Bahorel?" You called out. No one answered. You turned to go back inside, but you were stopped by an arm wrapping around your neck. You let out a cry as you were spun around and slammed into the wall of the café.

"You need to be aware of your surroundings." He said stiffly. "And if you do end up in this position, just reach back and push up on their nose." He grabbed your arm and helped you gently push up on his nose.

"Um thanks?" You said. "But what exactly is this for?" You asked.

"I can't stop you from getting in fights." He said simply. "But I can help you stand up for yourself. Now," He held up his hands. "Punch me." You raised an eyebrow.

"Seriously?

"Just do it." You nodded and curled your hand into a fist. Before you could swing, Bahorel stopped you. "What?"

"Don't tuck your thumb in your fist," You fixed your hands, and punched his hand. "Again." You did it again. "Harder!" You kept punching his hands. Eventually he decided that you had practiced enough. "Okay, now I'm going to try and hit you. Keep your arms like this," He raised his arms and you did the same. Then he nudged your feet apart with his foot. "Widen your stance or they'll knock you over." You nodded, and without another word he lunged at you. You let out a shriek of surprise and raised your arms. His fist collided with your forearms and you let out a hiss of pain. He aimed another punch at your stomach. Your hand wrapped around his fist, your instincts took over and you punched him square in the face. He let out a shout and fell.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" You kneeled next to him as he cradled his nose. "Are you okay?" He didn't say anything, and the next thing you knew he you were on your back and Bahorel was kneeling over you, grinning.

"Don't let your concern get in the way,"

"Jerk! I thought you were hurt!" You shouted.

"Don't get me wrong, it hurts like hell." He told you. "But that's not your problem. All you have to worry about is getting out with as few injuries as possible." He stood up and pulled you with him. "We'll meet here again tomorrow, but for now, I need to distract myself from my nose's heartbeat." You laughed as he led you back inside.

"First rounds on me," You offered.

"Yes!" He exclaimed and pressed a big kiss to your cheek. You giggled and tried to ignore the warmth in your cheeks.