Enjolras x Reader x Grantaire: Shall We Dance?

You watched the commotion around you from your corner table in the café. People were drinking and laughing, but you were content to stay out of it and simply observe.

But fate had other plans for you.

"So tell me. What's a pretty girl like you doing sitting here all alone?" You looked up as a dark-haired man with a bottle sat down across from you. You gave a small smile, staring down at your hands as you twisted them in your lap.

"Not much of a talker, I suppose," You answered. He laughed, taking a swig from his bottle.

"This isn't really a place for you then, is it?" You weren't offended (you sensed that the bottle was talking more than him).

"Just because I don't partake doesn't mean I don't enjoy this place." He nodded.

"Well, you'd enjoy more if you actually got into the fray. Come on!" Before you could stop him, the stranger grabbed your wrist and tugged you out of your seat.

"What are you doing?" You asked in dismay.

"Introducing you to my friends!"

"What?" You nearly shrieked and began to try and pull your arm out of the man's grasp. "Nononononono." You pleaded with him.

"You can't live your life on the sidelines forever!" He answered. He guided you to a man with curly hair and a red coat. He halted you a by slinging an arm around your shoulder. You stiffened up as the man took another drink. "Enjolras!" He laughed, and he man turned around. He stared at the black haired man coolly before turning his gaze to you. "This is my friend..." He trailed off, and turned to you. "...I never asked your name did I?" He finally realized.

"Y/N." You supplied. He snapped his fingers.

"My friend, Y/N." He finished. "Y/N, this is Enjolras." Enjolras smiled politely and extended your hand. You timidly offered yours. He took your hand, but instead of shaking it, he pulled your hand to his lips, causing your face to burn.

"Where've you been hiding this one, Grantaire?"

"She's been hiding herself, Enj." Grantaire explained. Enjolras quirked an eyebrow and looked at you.

"I sit over there." You jerked a thumb towards your table. Enjolras nodded in understanding. Then he turned towards the counter, took two filled mugs, and shrugged.

"Well, no need to force the lady out of her comfort zone. He motioned towards the table. "Shall we?" Arm still around your shoulder, Grantaire voiced his agreement and steered you back towards the table with Enjolras following behind. You sat down in your seat, but were surprised when both men followed suit. Enjolras pressed one of the metal cups into your hand, and you smiled gratefully.

"So," Enjolras began before taking a sip. "What do you come here for?" He was reluctant to divulge information about the revolution, in case you weren't on their side.

"I enjoy the atmosphere." You explained for the second time. "I don't really like to participate, but I enjoy observing."

"And?" Grantaire got your attention. "What have you observed so far?" He took yet another drink.

"Well." You looked around. "You're best friends with a bottle." Enjolras chuckled. "You have control issues." This time Grantaire laughed. "She likes him," You pointed to a dark haired woman speaking to a man in a blue coat. "But he doesn't know." You turned your attention to a little boy running around while an exasperated man followed him. "He's a little whirlwind who is giving is guardian a run for his money," You scanned the area one more time. "And he always has his nose in a medical book." You gestured to a man reading in a corner. "Did I miss anything?" They both blinked at you, before sharing a glance and grinning at each other.

"How did we miss this one, Enj?" Grantaire asked, never taking his eyes off of you.

"Don't look at me." He held his hand up. You laughed as the two continued to bicker. You had never felt comfortable in crowds, but with these two it felt different. As you watched them argue, a fiddler and pipe player struck up a tune. Enjolras and Grantaire perked up to the music, and something unspoken passed between the two. They both turned to you with matching Cheshire grins. Horror bloomed in your chest.

"No." You held up a finger in warning as Enjolras and Grantaire both stood up. "No!" You stood up, but both men were already on either side of your chair. You stood up on Enjolras's side, who tugged you towards him. "Enjolras please," You pleaded. He tugged you onto the makeshift dance floor, and pulled you into the dance. You were stiff with nerves as you tried not to make a fool out of yourself.

"Hey," Enjolras murmured. "Relax. You're doing fine." You nodded, and tried to force yourself to relax. Just as you were beginning to get comfortable, the music changed to a more upbeat tune and you found yourself pulled into Grantaire's arm as he left Enjolras standing on the sidelines. He pulled you into a more fast paced dance. You were able to relax much more quickly, and when Grantaire spun you, your head fell back and you began to laugh.

Before the dance ended, you heard the clock tower chiming. You looked at the clock and balked at the time.

"Oh my goodness. I had no idea it was so late!" You pulled Grantaire's arms off of your waist. "I need to get home!" You explained. You began to make your way to the door, but was stopped by a hand on your wrist. You turned around to see Enjolras holding your wrist with Grantaire following him. "I really need to go," You explained apologetically.

"Will you be back tomorrow?" You hesitated. You didn't really come to the café more than once or twice a week, and never two days in a road. As if he predicted your answer, Enjolras lunged or the shawl that was thrown over your shoulders. "Hey!" You reached for your shawl, but Enjolras tossed it back to Grantaire, who held it out of your reach.

"You'll have to come back if you want this back." Enjolras smirked. You shook your head with an exasperated grin.

"You're incorrigible. Both of you." You laughed. "Fine. But I really do need to go." Bidding the men farewell, you left the café and disappeared into the night.

Grantaire moved to stand beside Enjolras, passing the shawl to him.

"I saw her first. Back off, Enj." Grantaire said, slinging an arm around his shoulder. Enjolras laughed.

"Dream on."